Chapter 6 - Risky Secrets and Unexpected Arrangements

"Look, Matt! I- I can explain!", I panic.

"Matt, before you decide to get mad at her, this is my fault", Rick steps in front of me as a shield.

"Rick, what on earth are you talking about?", Matt asks. "Anyways. Mia, why did you lie to me saying you were fine?!"

"Wait what? What are you talking about?!"

"I'm talking about the arrangement!", he stomps his foot.

"Arrangement?! What arrangement?!", I furrow my eyebrows.

"Your marriage arrangement!", he yells.

"Matt. What the hell are you talking about?!"

"Miss Jones?!"

"Matt, who is Miss Jones?!", I ask.

"Justin's older sister?! She said you guys are getting married!"

"Wait what?!"

"Why did you keep telling me everything's alright when it's not?", Matt frowns.

"Matt, I clearly had no idea about this arrangement! No one told me anything about this", I explain.

"That's right", my mom walks down the stairs.

"Mom. Explain what's going on!"

"You're getting married to Justin in another few months", she calmly says it.

"Married?! In a few months?! To Justin?!", I freak out. "I'm not doing it, mom!"

"I'm sorry, pumpkin...", my father slowly walks down the stairs with a frown on his face. "We made this decision with his parents a long time ago that you and Justin will get married at the age of seventeen"

"Dad! I can't!", I cry.

After a few seconds of crying my eyes out, someone suddenly knocks on the door. "Go away!", I yell.

The door slowly creaks open and Rick's face pops in. "Hey, love...", he says. "May I come in...?"

"You hate me now, huh?", I sniff.

"Of course I don't hate you, love", he slowly walks in and sits down beside me on my bed then holds me from behind. "It's not your fault..."

"Do you still wanna carry this on? I mean by- our secret?", I lean my head back and at the side on his shoulder.

"Of course...", he kisses my neck which sends me goosebumps. "I'm not giving up on you. Ever"

I suddenly hear footsteps coming up the stairs. "Mia! Rick suggested to talk to you! Is everything alright?"

"Shit!", I whisper. "Stop holding me!"

Rick quickly lets go of me and gets out of my bed. "One more kiss", he smirks.

"Rick!"

"One kiss then I'll sit on that chair", he beckons his finger to me. "Come on, love"

"Alright! Here!", I panic then plant a kiss on his lips. "Now get-!"

I turn to see Matt burst the door open then I turn back to see Rick on the chair with his eyes focused on Matt. "I'm glad Rick's talking to you about this since you two are friends already"

I try so hard to hold my laugh back so I start fake coughing to save it. "Mia, are you alright?!", Matt ask.

"Yeah! Just a tickle in my throat!", I smile.

In the corner of my eye, Rick pulls out his phone from his pocket and starts typing something. My phone suddenly vibrates in my pocket, I take it out to see that Rick sent a message to me. I smile and take a look.