Chapter 8 - The Right and The Wrong

My eyes flutter open. I sit up straight to find myself in my best friend's room.

Rick suddenly appears in my mind. And that's when it strikes me in the head.

Holy shit. It's real. It actually happened.

Lee slowly comes in with a tray. "Hey Mia. I made you some breakfast", he sets down the tray that holds a plate of bacon and eggs and a bowl of fruits.

"Thank you...", I force the words out of my mouth, trying not to recall what had happened the day before.

"I swear, I would've kicked his ass, Mia! I mean it! If I had the chance to, I'd break his-"

"Let's not discuss about him today, Lee", Cameron walks in and hands me a mug with orange liquid swaying left and right. "Here's some orange juice"

I take a sip of it and set it on the table. "Thank you, Cameron", I smile. He gives me a nods.

"Cam, don't you think Rick should pay for this?!", Lee argues.

"Of course I wanna kick his ass too, dear. But then again, think about it", he crosses his arms. "You've seen the look in his eyes. Do you think it was his intention to break her heart?"

Lee opens his mouth to speak but nothing comes out. He slowly closes it then shakes his head with a frown on his face.

"Doesn't matter", I furrow my eyebrows. "He broke my heart once. Then twice. Why not go back again and make it a thrice huh?"

"Mia. Maybe the reason he didn't tell you because he may of thought like that. He doesn't wanna lose you", Cameron explains.

"He's already lost me, Cam", I look out the window.

"Has he really, Mia?", Cameron talks back.

I don't know what to say back. I can feel their eyes staring at me. Maybe what Cameron said is right. Rick would never intend to hurt me. The look in his golden brown eyes told me that he's guilty. I've been such an idiot. I didn't let him explain. I just assumed he was gonna break my heart again because to be honest- I'm afraid. But I never told anyone that. Ever since I saw him kissed that girl two years ago, I'm just afraid.

If he wanted to break my heart, then he wouldn't have grabbed my wrist and told me he missed me. Wouldn't have stepped in front of me and took the blame for our secret relationship. Wouldn't have carried me to the nurse when I was injured. Wouldn't have taken the slap that was meant for me! He wouldn't have visited me every year to attend my school productions! Wouldn't have stayed by my side when I was in the hospital! Wouldn't have told me...

...he loves me...

"I'm so stupid", I blurt it out. "I'm such a fucking idiot..."

"Mia...", Lee comforts me.

"He does love me", tears roll down my face.

"He truly does", I hear a familiar voice. I quickly turn to see Rick smiling as he's leaning against the doorway next to Cameron.

"I knew he didn't do anything wrong", Cameron chuckles.

"Rick...", my eyes widen.

He frowns and slowly walks up to me and sits on the bed beside me. "Love, I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to hurt you", he caresses my face and wipes my tears with his thumb as we stare into each other's eyes. He pulls me into a tight hug and rests his chin on my head. "Don't worry, love. I'm gonna fix this shit once and for all"

"I love you, Rick...I'm sorry", I grip tight on his shirt.

"I love you too. It's alright, love. I'm sorry as well...", he strokes my head.