Chapter 7 - Again

My head's hurting...

All I can hear is a beeping monitor. My eyes slowly flutter open to see Rick. "R...Rick...?", I try to speak as I slowly stand up even though my back still hurts from the wound.

"Love, please lie down", Rick supports my back and gently lets me lie back down. He wraps his hands around one of my hands and looks at me in relief. "Thank god you're alive. I thought I lost you"

Tears start to flow down his eyes. I caress his cheek and wipe away his tears with my thumb. He puts his hand over mine which is caressing his cheek, and slowly closes his eyes tightly.

"Bertha! Matt?! My parents?!", I panic.

"Don't worry. Your parents are in jail with Bertha, talking to the police. Your brother's outside...", he answers.

"Has he...has he said anything about us?", I worry.

Rick slowly shakes his head. "Give him some time, love", he kisses my hand. "He's worried about you since you did take a stab almost to the heart"

"Oh..."

"Listen, Mia. Don't ever do that again. Especially for me", he furrows his eyebrows.

"I couldn't let her treat the two most important guys I love, like that", I say. "And when she hurt you...Rick, I was furious..."

"Now you know how I feel when Ethan slashed your back", he chuckles. "I better bring Matt in"

Rick starts yawning a lot. "Rick...are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine", he looks back at me and I realise the black eyebags under his eyes. "I'll go get Matt"

He walks out and after a while, Matt rushes in with worry. "Mia, how are you feeling?"

"Like shit", I let out a soft giggle.

"Don't ever do that again, sis. Please!", he sighs in relief.

"Are you angry?", I frown. "You know- about Rick and I being together?"

"What? No! Mia, of course not! I'm happy for you!", he smiles.

"But- we hid it from you guys for months..."

"I actually knew wayyy before", he chuckles.

"What?! When?!"

"The nurse called me in to say you were injured. I went by and saw you and Rick sitting together through the window, talking. I was about to open the door but then it so happen that your lips were on his", he pauses then smiles and continues. "I thought it was an accident or something at first but Rick was REALLY getting his tongue down your throat!"

"Why- why didn't you say anything before?!"

"Because it was amusing to see you both struggle"

"Isn't it weird?", I ask. "For me to be dating your roommate?"

"Sure it is pretty weird but...if you're gonna date someone, then I'm glad it's Rick. I can trust him"

"Thanks big bro", I hug him tightly. "It means a lot"

"But if he breaks your heart, I will break his neck. Got it?", he smiles.

"Matt!", I laugh. "You better talk to him. He thinks you hate him now"

"But I don't wanna leave you", he wines.

"Jeez. Even though you're twenty years old, you still wine like a toddler to me", I giggle. He rolls his eyes then walks out. I laugh hard and say "I love you too!"