two

━━━━

━━━━

The hall was crowded as everyone was switching for their final class of the day. It had mostly just been personality quizzes, getting to know one another.

Braylee grabbed ahold of the doorframe to spin herself into her art class and smiled at all the students. She caught eye of Peter who waved her over. She skipped over and plopped down in the seat beside him.

"So Bray. How's your first day back?" Peter asked. They were good friends seeing as he basically over every weekend and nearly every day.

"Good. Boring but good." Braylee said with a smile and nod. She pulled out her pencils and supplies for the class and Peter watched as she tugged out cardstock and scribble messages out in cursive.

"I can't believe you still do that." Peter mumbled with a shy smile on his lips. He would regularly get one at least once a week and it was nice. She was one of the reasons why he tolerated Gen's snappy attitude at school.

"Yeah. It makes me happy when other people are happy so I do it. I like to improve peoples day. I want to leave a mark in someone's memories." Braylee admitted as she scribbled out one word and wrote a few more to finish off the sentence.

"That's sweet. That's really sweet Bray." Peter acknowledged her with a gentle grasp on her arm as he rubbed his thumb before letting go as the class started.

He had taken a piece of paper and began doodling on it but Bray had to use the washroom before she could see what he was writing. When she returned Peter wasn't there. She assumed he had just gone to use the bathroom like she did moments ago.

After she had finished all the quizzes and such for her teacher Mr. Monroe she just pulled out her notebook and began to scribble down ideas for either notes, drawings, or just little pictures.

Peter had walked back in with a stoic look before he spotted Bray hunched over the table with her earbuds in and smudging our part of her drawing to give it more definition.

Peter plucked her right earbud out and crossed it over so that he could put it in his right ear. A song from the footloose soundtrack, Let's Hear It for the Boy was blasting through.

"Still obsessed with the movie?" Peter chuckled at the blue eyed girl. Bray blushed and hid a sheepish smile by ducking back down.

"It's a iconic movie with an amazing soundtrack. Either sit and listen or give me back my earbud." Braylee told him without raising her eyes from the page or stopping her sketching movements.