three

━━━━

━━━━

The first week of school had passed and by now there was a large purple bruise on Braylee's hip that was yellowing around the edges with splotches of green in it. It was an ugly bruise that ached everyday and every time she stepped.

The day she had gotten hit, Peter had got the milkshakes and they just drove around town sipping their shakes and talking. Talking about random stuff like how the marshmallow was created and why her fathers food always tasted like someone burped into it.

It was now Monday morning and she hadn't seen Peter since Friday. The last Braylee heard was Gen screaming at Peter after school in her room. It sounded bad and Peter had stormed out of the house quite loudly after.

Braylee adjusted her jeans and sweater as Kai entered the house with a loud whoop. Braylee laughed and grasped her shoes but hissed in pain as she bent over.

"Have you seen your doctor yet?" Kai asked as he motioned her to sit on the steps. She sighed and did and as told before he helped her tie her shoes.

"No. My doctor is horrible." Braylee grumbled as Kai finished her one shoe and moved on to her other.

"Well it might be a good idea. Is it still ugly?" He asked before he reached and tugged up her retro sweater. The bruise was still gross and dark.

"God Bray. Either call your doctor or I'm bringing you to the hospital after school." Kai ordered and she groaned.

"Fine! I'll call my doctor at lunch. Can we go now?" Braylee grumbled as she stood and groaned.

"I have to drop Jack off at school first before we head to school." Kai said as they left Braylee's house. Braylee walked to the car and set her bag down in the back beside Jack.

"Hey buddy. How was your weekend?" Bray asked the small boy who had dark brown messy hair like his brother. Jack smiled up at Braylee who stuck her tongue out at him which elicited a laugh between the two of them.

"It was good. Kai wouldn't stop talking about Gen though." Jack rolled his eyes before Kai gasped before agreeing.

Braylee got in the car. "Are you getting out of P.E or are you still going to do it?" Kai asked and Bray sighed.

"I'm still going to do it. Now enough talk about me. How does it feel to be a grade one?" Bray asked twisting in her seat to see Jack. He smiled at her. He was missing some of his teeth but not all and he had a cute little smile that melted anybody's heart.