seven

━━━━

━━━━

Braylee climbed out of Peter's Jeep and steadied herself as Peter came around and grabbed her hand and dragged her up the stairs into the large building.

"Pete, I don't know. Gen's going to be here and she really hates seeing us together." Bray mumbled as they stood in the entryway.

"Isn't that sort of the point of us being together? To bother her?" Peter asked as he threw his arms out.

"I know... I know. I just realized that," Bray bit her tongue to stop from spilling her feelings and Peter stepped closer and grabbed her shoulders.

"What? What is it?" Peter mumbled as he was looked down at her.

"Nothing. Never mind." Bray mumbled as she looked up into his eyes that captivated her and made her want to spill everything. Everything she had been overthinking throughout the day.

"I don't believe you." Peter grabbed her hands and tugged her closer. Bray's eyes widened and she felt like a doe caught in headlights.

"Pete, it's not important." Bray sent him a shy smile and Peter grabbed the scrunchie off her wrist and circled it around his wrist.

"It is and you're not getting this back until you tell me what's wrong." Peter knew it was her favourite scrunchie and how it was almost like a security item she had.

"Pete, can we just get this over with?" Bray asked as she tilted her head. Peter sighed and held out his hand for her to take. She placed her hand in his and he tugged her along through the raging house. The smell of alcohol and weed filtered through the house and once Peter and Bray met their friend Zach he offered her to play a game of beer pong in which she obliged and stood opposite of the man.

"Ladies first." Bray teased as Zach gasped before tossing the ping pong ball. It bounced off the rim of the cup and Bray whooped before tossing her ball and it landing right in a cup.

The game had gone on and crowd had gathered. Peter was cheering his fake girlfriend on as she threw her last ball and it landed in Zach's last cup. Everybody cheered and Zach groaned before downing the cup. Braylee was buzzed seeing as she had to drink about half of her cups.

"I'm going to go get us a drink." Peter mumbled as he pulled her close by the waist and whispered in her ear. Bray nodded before looking around and spotting Gen on the couch.

Gen motioned her twin over and Bray reluctantly went over and sat down. Bray's short hair was up in a half up half down ponytail that had gotten evidently frizzy and her cheeks had turned a rosy colour from the alcohol invading her veins.

"Hi sis. You enjoying yourself?" Gen asked with a snotty tone as her friend smiled.

"Actually I am. What about you?" Bray asked as she watched Gen adjust her red dress.