ten

━━━━

━━━━

Braylee sat at the Corner Cafe while poking the ice in her drink with her straw waiting for Kai. She leaned forward and took a sip then the bell chimed and she turned to see three people when she was only expecting the one.

Kai, Gen, and Peter. All entered and saw Bray. Her brows immediately furrowed and they all walked up and sat at the table.

"I- I thought it was just Kai and I." Braylee mumbled and looked at the three. Peter sat beside her and pulled her into a side hug and kissed her temple.

"Kai invited us. He wants us all to figure everything out." Peter told her and she turned to look Kai in the eyes. He knew she hated confrontation and it was bad enough when it came to her talking with Kai about their problems face to face.

"O-Okay. Well I guess I'll say what I've been practicing over and over in my head to Kai." Bray mumbled while she continued to stab the ice. She seized her movements and finally looked him in the eyes again as she moved the glass to the side and clasped her hands together

"Kai, I am extremely sorry for my actions lately and making you feel like I chose Peter over you. Maybe I did, I don't know. This is the first time I've ever really liked someone as much as I like Peter and you know that I usually don't like people like this. So when Peter was showing me affection and treating me well and making me happy I guess I got caught up in him but I know that I really do like him a lot. He makes me happy and he makes me feel somewhat worthy of this." Braylee turned to look at Peter as he was smiling contently at Bray's words. He grabbed her hands and leaned in and kissed her cheek.

"I also got caught up in all this crap that is going on with Gen and my parents and I'm sorry for once again making you feel like the last choice which I never ever intended on. You're my best friend. My platonic soulmate. We've been best friends since we were seven and I know we promised we wouldn't let a boy and or girl get between us but it did and I'm sorry and I don't know how else to express this but I'm going to be making time and I'm getting my best friend back. As long as you want me back?" Braylee finished off and wiped a couple of tears that fell off her cheeks as she waited for his response.

Kai watched as she poured her heart out for him. It was evident she really missed her best friend and that she was really trying too. Kai clasped his hands together and thought hard about what he was going to say next.

"I really miss you Bray. I miss my little pickle but these are just words. I accept your apology but I need to see some actions to support it. I really really miss my pickle." Kai mumbled with a gentle smile on his face and Braylee smiled and laughed while wiping away the tears.