nine

Braylee quickly walked through the hospital after checking in. Peter was trailing behind having to jog to keep up with her.

Bray spotted Gen standing outside a door. She was in a hospital gown, with a couple of stitches on her head. Bray ran up to her and hugged her. This was shocking to anyone who knew the twins.

The last time they hugged was when they were eight. They were forced too.

Gen hugged back and sobbed. "What happened?" Bray asked and Gen inhaled deeply.

"Mom and dad had picked me up from cheerleading, and we went to turn off the main road and we got t boned." Gen mumbled out before noticing Peter. He was standing a fair distance away, wanting to give the twins some space.

"What's he doing here?" Gen asked quietly.

"He was on his way over when you called. The car was almost out of gas." Bray mumbled as her eyes welled with tears. "Where's mom and dad?"

"Dad's still in surgery. Mom's inside here. She wanted to see you."

Braylee's eyebrows raised before she wiped her cheeks. She turned to the door before looking to Peter and holding out her hand. Although Bray was still pissed at Gen for making a big scene and trying to get Peter back, Gen is still her twin. The other half of her. 

Peter interlaced their fingers and they walked in together. Braylee saw her mother laying in bed watching the tv. "Hey Momma..." Braylee muttered and her mother's head snapped to her.

"Oh love, come here." Her mother beckoned the healthy twin over and Braylee got encased in her mother's hug. Braylee continued to cry and her mom hushed her while soothingly rubbing her back.

"I'm okay. Gen's okay, Dad's going to be okay.  We're going to be okay." Her mother continued to comfort the one who was only in minimal pain compared to her family at the moment.

"Hi Peter. Thanks for bringing Bray here." Her mother greeted the brunette boy with a gentle smile even with her face hurting from the stitches along her cheek.

"Of course Willow. Anytime." Peter nodded his head at her as Bray pulled back and looked at him with tear stained cheeks and glossy eyes. She let out a faint smile of gratitude towards the boy she was slowly falling in love with. Peter returned it before sitting himself in the chair as Bray climbed up onto the bed with her mom, careful not to inflict any more pain. Her heart ached for her parents. Even a little for Genevieve.

Braylee was still pissed off at Gen for the whole Snapchat situation that Peter explained. Braylee sniffled as they sat there together.

━━━━

Hours had passed since Braylee and Peter arrived at the hospital. Peter has to go home a few hours in which Bray gave him a huge hug and lingering kiss on the cheek as a goodbye and thank you. Gen then stepped in and sat in the chair as Braylee was still on the bed with her mother.

A doctor finally entered the room, a gentle look on his face.

"Mrs. Thompson?" The doctor asked and Braylee's mother nodded.

"The surgery went well. We were able to stop the bleeding, straighten out his leg and of course the stitches all over. But he's in recovery now. You will be able to see him soon." The doctor told the three women of the Thompson's. They all sighed out in relief and Willow grasped her daughters hand tightly.

"I told you he was going to be okay."

Braylee snorted and sniffled as she began to cry again.

━━━━

A week had passed and the twins had gone back to school to prep for the annual ski trip. Everyday after school they would head to the hospital to see their parents as they were still recovering and needed to be monitored.

Gen and Braylee never talked. Braylee just drove them to and from the school and hospital without speaking a word to the girl. Although Bray felt a little bad for giving her the silent treatment but she didn't really care. This wasn't the first time they've gone a week without speaking to each other and it more then likely won't be the last.

Kai has distanced himself quite a bit from Braylee, as did Lara Jean, Chrissy, and Lucas, and Josh too. They all did. Braylee knew it was because of Kai. She missed his attitude, and his sarcasm. She missed his laugh that made her laugh. Bray missed the way he would just flop on top of her and pretend that she wasn't there.

Braylee really did miss her best friend but she hadn't made no effort. Maybe it was because she was so caught up in Peter and getting back at her sister, or worrying about her parents that she hadn't made the effort. She couldn't exactly pin point it but she knew she had to make a change.

Stepping into school, the day before the Ski trip Braylee walked around to the lockers sliding in little scribbly notes as she normally did and stopped at Kai's locker. She reread the words written on it before sliding it into the locker.

As she turned around to head towards her locker she bumped into Kai.

"What'd you just put in my locker?" Kai asked skeptically.

"What do you think?" Braylee responded with look on her face that made Kai want to smile but he didn't. He couldn't. She chose Peter over him.

Kai brushed past her to his locker and opened it up and the note fell down to his feet. He bent down to grab it and opened it up.

Corner Cafe after school? Please? I need to do some explaining.

As Kai turned around to look at Braylee she was gone. He scoffed before looking back down to the note knowing she hated confrontation when it came to situations like this.

He glanced to little pouty face she drew in the side and couldn't help but crack a small smile. Kai had truly became miserable without Braylee. It was hard to cut her out of his life for a while seeing as they had been best friends since they were seven. But it appears she's trying to make an effort, trying to explain herself. So why not?

Shortish chapter. I'm so so so so sorry loves for not updating. I have my history exam today in like an hour but I've been working on this. I'm really sorry that it's short and not really story based but here.

Thank you so freaking much for all the support on this. 10.5k views. That it's amazing holy. I hope you enjoy this and once again I apologize for not updating sooner. Once my exams are done I'll hopefully be getting another chapter out. :)