Crush

Crush—David Archuleta

Do you catch a breath when I look at you?
Are you holding back like the way I do?
'Cause I'm trying and trying to walk away
But I know this crush ain't goin' away

~~~~

Lisa was comfortably sitting in her chair when someone entered the room. She was mesmerized of this girl—over and over again.

Yep, again. How many years already has she been stalking and following this girl? Some may thought it was creepy. But in her defense, she had not done anything except watch her from afar.

"Oh hey. You're early again," the girl greeted, "and classmates...again."

She just smiled. Because why not? Is she that stupid to tell her that she was actually coming early to class just to stare at her? And more stupid— more of a creepy actually to admit that she's been following and taking the classes she took for three years.

Dude, this is not a crush anymore, she told herself.

The room's now filled with students. She took the chance to stare at her face and smile like an idiot.

Her attention was caught by the person at the back who happened to be her orgmate, Jisoo.

"Lalisa, stop staring at her. You look like a creep with that smug face."

"I'm not. I didn't know you took Mr. Tae's Philo class." She just changed the topic to avoid Jisoo from teasing her.

"Jennie also but she was called at the Dean's."

Lisa just made an expression that somehow Jisoo understood that their conversation should end there.

~~~~

"Manoban", the Professor tried to get her attention but no avail. "Manoban!", he called again.

Lisa dropped the pen she was holding and sit straight. She heard some of her blockmates' chuckle and it made her more embarassed to see that Park Chaeyoung was one of them.

"Uhh. Yes, Sir. I am so sorry." she genuinely apologized.

She cursed herself and looked at what he has done—doodle on her notebook.

A particular name, Park Chaeyoung inside a heart.

Hayyy, she sighed and closed her notebook. She looked at where Park Chaeyoung is sitting and she was caught staring at her.

Chaeyoung smiled and believe it or not, her heart wanted to get out of her chest. Chaeyoung just chuckled on Lisa's face—clueless, jaw-dropped.

When she finally got back to herself, she mentally facepalmed.

You really are so dumb, Lisa. You should've smiled back, she said to herself.

But she smiled. Shit, she really smiled at me.

She held her chest, her heart thumped loud again. Chaeyoung's smile took her breath away but she didn't mind not breathing at all just to see her smile—her smile only for her.

The class had finished and she was now getting ready for her next class.

"Lalisa, I'll go ahead. My class is in the other building." Jisoo tapped her shoulder and went outside.

She was used to being alone. Like this is what she really wanted, away from others. If it wasn't only for her love for the music, she wouldn't join any organizations nor a club.