Somebody Else

Somebody Else: The 1975

DISCLAIMER. This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, businesses, companies, events, or other stories is ENTIRELY AND PURELY coincidental.

~~~~
So I heard you found somebody else
And at first I thought it was a lie
I took all my things that make sounds
The rest I can do without
~~~~

"What's up suckers?!" Lisa's thoughts were cut off when Jisoo forcefully opens the main door of her new bought house.

"Doorbells haven't reached your town, have they?" Lisa says in mockery.

"They're for weak. Besides, opening doors like that is best for dramatic scenes like this." The older shrugs, taking the left side of the sofa.

Not having the mood to argue, Lisa just rolls her eyes. "Can you just lessen the swears instead? I thought we're done with that phase already?"

Jisoo gasps fakingly, as if it was the most unbelievable thing she's heard, "I am so offended," placing her hand on her chest, for it to be more dramatic, "hey, don't be so upright. Now that you always point out the beautiful words coming from my beautiful mouth, I kinda miss your 'I don't care what other people think of me' self."

Lisa keeps herself from responding and just leans her back against the sofa to rest. Closing her eyes to tune out the older's blabbering, her mind goes off to somewhere— the habit she's developed since it happened.

"Don't tell me you still keep going back to that time?" Jisoo asks worriedly, "That's... that's mad, Lis. You have to let it go, you know. Everything is okay now, let's move on."

A silence engulfing the two of them when Jisoo noticed the pieces of paper on Lisa's hands. It's familiar, and she wants to prove her assumption.

Clearing her throat, she then asks, "What's that?"

"My letters to Rosé," she answers as if it's nothing.

"You really have to move on, Lis," A hint of understanding masks Jisoo's voice, but it's more of a sympathetic plead.

Sighing, Lisa answers, "I know."

"You're happily married to a person you really love, what are you worrying?"

"I just can't believe it, I just can't imagine how much of a fool I was for hurting and taking Rosie for granted. I regret it Jis, I regret letting my father's failure in love crept to me and letting go the person who loved me with all her heart. I regret choosing my own heart and breaking hers. She didn't deserve it. If only I could just turn back the time, I will."

••••

~~~~
I don't want your body
But I hate to think about you with somebody else
Our love has gone cold
You're intertwining your soul with somebody else
~~~~

"One cup of my usual and a slice of red velvet cake for this beautiful lady beside me."

The counter attendant suppress her laughter as she heard their regular customer tries to use her usual move to get her fellow customer's attention.

"I'm allergic to sweets," the lady says defiantly on the supposed sweet offer.

Lisa turns to her and smiles sweetly, " I guess--"