Getting Over You

Getting Over You: Lauv

~~~~
Running from the morning
Think I hit a wall
Late nights, not you
Running from the moment
So I don't recall
Late nights, not you

~~~~

"You ready?"

Chaeyoung releases a heavy breath out and nods at Jungkook's question.

"Finally." Chaeyoung whispers, inhales while smiling as she steps out of the Incheon International Airport, meeting her family's bodyguards.

"Your father is waiting for us in his office." Jungkook informs trying to put his luggage in the car's trunk.

"Just take me to my condo, I want to rest." Chaeyoung says as her mood changes from the mention of her father.

"You should give him a visit, at least just this dinner. He's expecting, you know? It was five years already, Chaeng. Your father just did what a father needs to do for his daughter." Jungkook explains, eyes fixed on the road.

"What? Take away his child's happiness?" Chaeyoung scoffs, turning her head to the window letting the man know that she doesn't want where their talk is heading.

"He did what he knows was best-" Jungkook's justification was cut off by Chaeyoung.

"Stop the car."

Jungkook looks at Chaeyoung with disbelief.

"I won't-"

"I said stop the car!" Chaeyoung yells which causes Jungkook to step on the brake. "Tell him that what he thought was best for me, ruined me and our relationship." She says before slamming the car's door and walks out of Jungkook's sight.

Chaeyoung found herself in the middle of the busy street of Seoul. A lot has changed in five years while she was gone. City lights send her the reminiscence of her old friends, her teenage years, and of course, her.

She took her steps without any plans nor direction, but her feet brought her inside a café.

"What's yours, Ma'am?" The woman in the counter asks without giving her a glance.

Chaeyoung didn't answer. She's just smiling and patiently waiting for that woman to give her a glimpse.

"What's your-" Finally, the woman spares Chaeyoung a second of her time and stops when she realized who she is. "Chae-Park Chaeyoung?!"

Chaeyoung nods as she is giving her a wide smile.

"Waah! Chaeng-ie!" The woman squeals while running towards Chaeyoung and jumps to hug her tight.

"Alright, I miss you too." Chaeyoung says while hugging back.

••••

"One choco milk."

The woman in the counter laughs hearing that voice and her order. She needs not to lift her head to know who that is.

"Here's your special choco milk."

"I told you Jisoo unnie. Choco milk should be included in the menu." The woman suggests while sipping from her cup.