Chapter 6

I come out of the restroom with Kaylin, who's eyeing Caleb

"I need to go back to my apartment and get clothes."

"I feel bad, you came all the way here." He makes eye contact with me and rubs the back of his head.

"Oh no!" Kaylin interrupted. "I am not having you go all the way back to Steven's apartment for clothes. You're wearing mine." She smiles after her statement.

"I-I'm sorry, Steven's? Who's Steven?" He asks me, now worried.

I brush it off. "I'll tell you later. Kaylin, what on earth do you mean?"

"I always have an extra outfit!" She clapped, excited. Caleb was just looking from her, to me, to her, to me again.

All of a sudden, Kaylin took me into the bathroom again and brought a bag with her. She threw a skirt and blouse at me as well as some jewelry, then left me to change. That Kaylin, always worried about fashion. Ugh, rich people. Once the skirt and blouse is on, I look at myself in the mirror. The skirt is very tight and a bright blue. There is a ruffle going down the side of it. The blouse was black with shiny buttons. I put the jewelry on too, she'd be offended if I didn't. The earrings she gave me were teardrop diamonds. In between getting clothed, I had to take a towel from underneath the sink, wet it, put soap on it, and clean myself. I did the best to get coffee out of my hairline. I also put on a silver and black sparkly bracelet that wrapped around my wrist. Everything matched with the black heels I had. Thankfully, those weren't ruined.

Aside from my crazy hair and no makeup, I looked fabulous in Kaylin's clothing. I came out of the bathroom and Kaylin stared at me up and down.

She sighed. "Honey, you look like you've been through hell."

"You have no idea." I mutter. She then took me to her desk across from mine and took out her makeup bag. She only put a little on, but I looked good. Then she sat me in a chair and worked on my hair. She twisted and pulled it until is was in a bun with loose curls coming out of it and on the side of my head. She spun me around in the chair and looked at Caleb for his approval. He'd been following us the whole time.

"Wow." He breathed. "You look so beautiful."

I blushed slightly, trying not to notice. Kaylin smiled. "There you go! My work here is done!"

"Thanks Kaylin. I don't know what I would do without you."

She shrugged, "I know!"

"Well, I got to go find my desk and figure out what I'm doing. But nice seeing you Julia, again, I'm sorry. And nice meeting you, Kaylin." Caleb politely excused himself.

"Nice meeting you, Caleb. Call me!" He made a face and left the room. Kaylin's gaze lingers a little too long. I roll my eyes.

"Alright let's get to work." I open my laptop and begin to type up the papers again. All the copies I made before were ruined and coffee stained.

"Wait, is Caleb single?"

My eyes widened. "I have no idea."

She scoffs. "Says you! Aren't you his best friend?"

"T-that was a long time ago."

"Well it's obvious you two have chemistry." She shrugs as I spin my chair around to face her. The look on my face is mortifying. "What? You two have some serious sexual tension." She nods her head to confirm this to herself.

"What?! No way! N-no, no, S-Steven and I... he... i... he's my fiancé!" I mentally slap myself for being so flustered. Way to make it obvious, Julia.

"Okay..." she giggles. I groan. This was not going to be easy.

On my way out of the building, I bump into someone and lose my balance. All of a sudden, a hand wraps around my waist and pulls me up. I am now face to face with Caleb. We are so close our noses could touch. I can smell vanilla and apple. I breath in the sent, it's so soothing. Somehow it immediately calms me down.

"Somehow we keep meeting like this. Well, of sorts." He means we keep bumping into each other, but not like this. This time, we are close. Really close. And for some reason, neither of us pulled away. Is that wrong, I don't know. I cleared my throat and backed away, finally.

"S-sorry." I mumble. "Thanks for catching me and not spilling coffee on me this time." We laugh.

"Uh, no problem. Hey, are we good?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't we be?"

"Well, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. And I hope we can be friends." He looks hesitant and gulps after saying friends. I smile at him, he was a good person. He cared for me and I didn't want to stop caring for him.

"Of course we can be friends." He grins.

"Then can I spend my lunch break with you and Kaylin tomorrow?" He asked. He was like a schoolboy looking to fit in. Classic Caleb.

"Of course! Although, I should warn you that Kaylin thinks you are very attractive." I say simply. A shocked expression comes to his face.

"She finds me attractive?" He whispered this, looking for confirmation.

I nodded. I mean, anyone would find him attractive. He had styled chestnut brown hair, deep green eyes, a cutting jawline, and a beautiful smile. It wasn't like he was a big dude, ether. You could see some muscles through his button up shirt, but he was average size. About my height too. Don't get me wrong, Steven was hot. But Caleb just had this charming way about him. Not gonna lie, he's downright adorable. I mean, we are friends so I can say that. That's fair.

"I didn't think anyone found me attractive, to be honest." He blushed a little.

I laughed. He honestly thought no one was looking at him? He really was a goofball, and I missed him.

"What?"

I shook my head. "Nothing! It's... it's really great to see you again. I've missed you." I admit.

"Yeah, yeah same. I've missed you a lot."