Chapter 7

When I get home to my apartment, there are flowers in the old vase

When I get home to my apartment, there are flowers in the old vase. I was just going to throw the old ones out...

"Surprise!" I gasp. It's Steven.

"S-Steven! What are you doing here this early?" I'm a bit shocked to see him, he's never home this early.

"I got to go home early today. And I thought... we could do something special tonight." He smirks. He slowly waltz's over to me.

"Steven... what are you doing?" I ask quietly. The look on his face is scaring me a bit. Like he is possessed. There is a look of lust in his eyes. Oh no. "S-Steven, I wanted to get married before... that."

"Why don't we just let loose now, huh? You know, seize the moment." He rubs my arms. I slowly back away from him. His breath reeks of alcohol.

"That's not seizing the moment. I just want to do it on my own time. W-we talked about this."

"I got the whole place ready for this."

All of a sudden I start breathing heavily. I'm not ready for this...

"I haven't been around that much and I want to make it up to you. Let me."

"There are other ways." I snap back sharply. "You could help me plan for this wedding." I try but it seems like there is no stopping him. He pins me up against the wall. "Steven stop."

"Please baby... I'm hungry." he whispers into my ear. A shiver goes down my spine.

"Steven let go of me!" I try to escape his grip. "Not tonight!"

"I know you're ready. Let me feel you. I just want to love you." Oh hell no. He reaches and touches my boobs, forcefully. He also busts open my shirt until I kick him off me, grab my bag, and dash out the door without a second thought. What the hell has gotten into him?! I then realize that he'll go after me. I need somewhere to go. Kaylin had a wedding to go to tonight so she'd be back in the morning. I breath in and out fast. I look around and everything feels too loud and dizzy. My ears are ringing. There are tears in my eyes. What do I do? I don't have an apartment for myself. I then get out my phone and call the only person I can think of. Pick up, pick up, pick up. Please...

"H-"

"Caleb I need you!" I scream while crying. I am now outside in the dark. The only light is billboards a few blocks away. I start walking. Anywhere I can go is better than there.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" A concerned voice says through the phone.

I'm sobbing so much I struggle to find words. "I-I came h-home. T-to my ap-partment... and S-Steven was home e-early. He... h-he tried to h-have s... sex with m-me." I sob louder. "I didn't want t-to. I t-told him n-no. I ran o-out. C-Caleb I need h-help..." hot tears are streaming down my face.

"Where are you?"

"Down n-near the s-shake shack. W-with the new b-Barnes a-and noble. 86 s-street."

"Don't move, I'm coming to get you."

For a while I was out in the cold, shivering and crying. He knew I wanted to wait until we were married. He got drunk, too. I sobbed loudly. A cry came out as I saw a Mini Cooper drive up next to me. Caleb came running out and took me in his arms. He picked me up and set me down in the car. Not long, we arrived at his apartment. It wasn't as nice as Steven's, but it was artsy and very cozy. Something an author would write in of course. Some boxes were still not unpacked.

Caleb laid me down on the couch and brought me tissues. "It's gonna be okay." He whispered as his hand moved up and down my back, soothing me. "You're Alright." I took a deep breath, shaking. "That's it. You're safe..."

I hugged him without warning and cried into the crook of his neck. My arms were wrapped tightly around his body. He let me be. He just whispered little things to keep me calm. He also continued to rub my back.

"Thank you." I croaked.

"You don't have to thank me... as long as you're safe, that's all that matters..." he whispered. Everything he did was calming me down. We just stayed there, holding each other. I knew that in this exact moment, I needed him. And he came. He helped me. I cried some more.

How was I going to handle this?