Chapter 21

(Two gifs for y'all being patient)

I rushed out the door thinking of all my many mistakes

I rushed out the door thinking of all my many mistakes. I can't get him out of my head. It seems as if he's imprinted in my brain! Why didn't I realize this before?! Stupid. How could I have pushed him away like that? He didn't deserve this and I did this to him. What the hell is wrong with me?! I start crying again, not caring about the stares I was getting from people on the street. Wait. I was trying to run in a wedding dress on the streets of New York!

Oh my god I'm Rachel Green from Friends.

Running away from my own wedding! I laughed at myself as I thought of it to be such a thrill. Wow. This has been one heck of a day! But you know, all I could think about was being in Caleb's arms before...

Where would he be? I try to think of where he would be. I could go to his apartment, but why would he be there and not at work? But he's way too clever to be at work. Maybe... maybe he was sad. That's right! He thinks I'm marrying Steven! Then it hit me, where we kissed.

I soon shuffled into the bar I was at the other night. I glance around for him and catch his dark hair. His jawline stood out from the side and I practically swooned over him. My breath was caught and I couldn't breath.

"Caleb." I croaked.

He slowly picked his head up and as soon as he saw me, rubbed his face with stress. "I can't talk to you." He said quietly. He took a sip of his beer and wiped his eye.

"Before you go, I just want you to hear me out."

"Yeah, well you didn't hear me out! I tried and here I am!" He hopelessly interrupted me.

I took a deep breath and began my long awaited speech. "Caleb I'm so sorry. I wish I could tell you how much you mean to me but I can't put it in words. I-I left Steven at the alter. You may have noticed my dress.

"Caleb I can't hide from you anymore. I love you. I love you and I'm sorry I didn't get any of the hints; I'm just hoping you'll somewhat understand. Better yet, forgive me. I've been all over the board, but you have to understand that you are the only person that calms me down. That knows how to deal with my crazy. You've always understood me so I'm just hoping... hoping I'm not too late." He didn't say anything or even look at me. He just kept his eyes down.

"Alright here we go. Your imagination is unlike anything I've ever known, it's crazy and beautiful! I'm sorry I snapped at you because that was completely uncalled for. Nothing is wrong with you, you are handsome, kind, loyal, loving, carefree, positive, and everyone should be more like you. B-because you make me happy. You've always made me happy. I didn't love Steven. It's been you all along. I guess after that fight.... you never really left me. We were just together all over again." I finish but somehow feel as if it's not enough; like I might not get him back. Wait, I never had him. I start to cry more as I cover my mouth. I'm so embarrassed and empty inside right now that he's the only one who can help. My chest feels like it's being pulled down into a deep hole. Is this what depression feels like? I may be on the brink of crazy.

"Is that really how you feel?" He said as I saw a tear run down his face. A little part of my heart just broke. I had made Caleb Wood cry.

"I-I want to grow old with you! I can see us having lots of kids and us trying to figure out our life." I laughed, throwing my hands up. "W-was I wrong?" I ask quietly. Oh god, what if I was wrong. Am I too late? I begin to give up. "I know this isn't how you want thi-"

"Shut up." I couldn't tell what he was feeling by his voice. My mind wasn't racing like it has been, it's just worried now.

I begin to say something but he shushed me. He slowly gets up from his barstool and walks over to me. He looks me up and down in my wedding dress, and the floor beneath him creaks. I take a deep breath for what's about to happen next. The most shocking thing happened:

He kissed me.

He passionately pressed his lips on mine, moving like a puzzle piece. I melted into it, remembering his scent and how safe I felt. Like that night, only giving it justice. We kissed because we knew how we felt about each other. I knew that he never really left me, and that he may have still loved me. Now I know that feelings can not be ignored; they can only push through in any way possible. Like the sun rising over a dark landscape that's ready to be filled with warmth and love.

We now knew the true feeling of loving someone. And what love truly feels like.