Chapter 15

Late at night, I kept tossing and turning

Late at night, I kept tossing and turning. Until finally, I decided to go out for a drink. I needed something to calm me down, anything at this point. I took a cab to the nearest club and hopped out. I looked at the bright blue sign that said, OPEN.

I walk in and everywhere I turn, there is alcohol. Good. Wait no, you don't want to be wasted for your wedding day! I notice that no one is in here except for three people and the bartender. He's a larger man pouring a guy with brown hair a drink. The guy that got handed the drink seems to down it pretty fast. I go over and sit down at the stool with the ripped cushion. The man glares at me and I ask for a shot of vodka. The brown haired guy who I hadn't paid attention to, whipped his head to the side to face me.

Am I cursed or something?

"Caleb? The the hell are you doing here?"

He sighs. "I have no idea. I couldn't sleep." It seemed like a lie, but I bought it anyway because I couldn't sleep either.

I nod slowly.

"What are you doing here?" He asks me.

"I'm getting married tomorrow, and I'm just super stressed." His face dropped slightly and he rubbed his forehead.

"Yeah, Kaylin told me what happened."

"Kaylin told you?!" I shout at him.

He sighed. "She told me you two had an argument. Why don't you apologize?" He takes a sip of his drink.

"Because I don't know what to do!"

"Then do you want to stay mad at her forever and not be friends?" He looks me dead in the eyes.

"No..."

"Good. So make up." He throws his hands in the air, as if his reply was a solution. Which it was.

"Now, that's the advice I needed earlier. I don't understand why people can't be like you? You know?" Now I was a bit tipsy. The drink I had been sipping on was way too strong at this hour.

He chuckled. "I guess I never thought about it. I-I don't really think I'm that special." His head swings down.

"No! No, you're amazing!"

"Really?" He asks quietly.

"Of course! You are an amazing writer, a wonderful friend, someone who always has your back, you are good at catching people when they fall, you have good taste in dresses, you, you, you...." as I ramble, my mind goes fuzzy. I feel something on my butt as I slide off the stool. Caleb, once again, slides his hand on my back and catches me. He lifts me up back on to the stool. For some reason, I don't release my arms from him. "You also.... smell like apples. A-and you aren't only a good person, but you're adorable." I giggle uncontrollably. "You're funny and I love you're sense of humor. You are cute, and kinda hot with your little abs, and, and....." suddenly everything became too much, and it happened.

Our lips pressed against each other.

Boy, was it good. It was a perfect kiss. At this point, nothing else mattered. His smell, his tenderness, his care. His arms wrapped around my waist, while my hands came up to his soft cheeks. I just wanted to be near him. To be close to him, touch him, be with him. Everything about him makes me better.

Finally, we pulled apart. As we gasped for breath, the bartender whistled. We both glare at him and he turns away to make a drink.

Caleb stares into my eyes. "What are you doing tonight?"

"Nothing." I whisper. Okay, this might have been wrong of me, but I don't care. I left my apartment to get a drink, I'm getting married tomorrow, and I couldn't care less if I was at home. All I knew, is that I wanted to be with Caleb. And he wanted to be with me.

Caleb took my hand and dragged me out the door. Next thing you know, we are at his apartment.