Chapter 10

Next thing you know, I'm trudging back into my apartment without Steven

Next thing you know, I'm trudging back into my apartment without Steven. Again. I wish that something's in life were easier. Then something hit me.

I have a bridal appointment today.

I remember I booked it yesterday at work. It was at the most expensive dress store there is, Kleinfeld's. Yes, that is the store where they film Say Yes To The Dress. Honestly, I love that show. But lately it doesn't seem like something I want to watch. I forgot I booked that appointment. And it's Saturday so I don't have to work.

Crap.

Kaylin then texts me,

Kaylin: hey! It was too late to come home, so I'm still in Virginia for that wedding, i can't make it to ur appointment, sorry! Pick the perfect one😉😘

Crap.

Now I'm in huge trouble. I can't go to my dress fitting alone! And I can't call my mom on such sort notice. I pick up the phone and dial a number I remember too well.

"What are you doing today?"

"Uh.... nothing besides cleaning up the kitchen." Caleb snickers to himself. His voice is a little muffled through the phone. "Are you okay?"

Nope. "Yeah, I just forgot about something today, and I'd love it if you could come."

There is a short silence. "What is it?"

"It's my bridal appointment. I booked it for today and forgot. And Kaylin isn't back from the wedding yet." I explain.

"So you'd be going alone?"

"Yes."

"Of course I'll come!" He makes me jump as he replies fast with a big voice. "Where is it?"

"Just come to my apartment before. It's at Kleinfeld's."

"Wow."

"Yeah." I breath.

"Okay, I'll be there shortly."

"C-cool." He laughs at me. "I'm still on the phone, dummy."

"Ooops, sorry." Then he hangs up the phone. This should be fun...

About an hour and a half later, Caleb knocks on the door. I quickly get up to open it and smile when I see his curios face through the peek hole. I open up the door and smile. As soon as he sees me, a grin is plastered on his face.

"Hi."

"Hey..."

We are both just awkwardly looking at each other with smiles on our faces. Any normal person would find this creepy, but I find it peaceful. A good way to pass the time.

"Wow..." Caleb says and whistles. He took his eyes off me and looked into my apartment. For some reason, my heart sinks when he looks away. But that was only for a mili-second. I let him in and let him walk around. He was obviously amazed by my apartment. You can thank my wealthy fiancé for that.