Something Don Lockwood Didn't

Chris

    I knew exactly where I was going to take Melissa, but it would require a little help. I went to the vet where Melissa worked at. I opened the door and there was only one person inside.
    "Oh sorry, we're closed right now." He said.
    "Uh, no, I'm not here for that. Melissa works here, I was wondering if she had any close friends here. I need their help with something."
    "You're looking right at him." He held out his hand and I shook it. "Dr. Jordan, well, Jeremy."
    "Chris."
"Oh. You're Chris. I see." He said looking me over. "Melissa's talked about you."
I felt like I was blushing. Of course I was blushing. I really really liked Melissa. And I thought it was cute how she talked about me at work.
"So, what cha need?"
"Well, I asked her out on a date, she said yes, and I know exactly what I want to do for her, but I need help with it."
"All right," he said rubbing his hands together. "What are we doing?"
"Have you seen Singing In The Rain?"

Melissa

As Chyler was doing my makeup and hair I would look at my watch every two minutes. The last thing I wanted was to be late on our first date.
"Are you almost done?" I asked playing with a eye liner pencil in my hands.
"Honey, I told you, I'm gonna make his jaw drop, that means this is gonna take time. Don't worry, I'll be done in time."
After she was done, we had about one hour to spare. I looked in the mirror. My jaw dropped.
"Wow Chyler, I look...."
"Beautiful." She said. She took a better look at me. "Wow. I'm good." I lightly hit her on her shoulder.
My hair was in loose curls that fell just passed my shoulders. She did my makeup simple, which is all I needed. I borrowed some of her clothes. I was wearing a blue dress that ended right above my knees. It had thin straps and it was all laced. I loved it. I think I'm going to steel it from Chyler.

 I think I'm going to steel it from Chyler

(What I was trying to describe. You can tell I'm very good at that😂 )

As soon as Chyler was done, I immediately went home. When I got back to my loft, I sat down on the couch with Farley. We sat there for around ten minutes before I heard a knock at my door.
I walked over and opened the door to see Chris. I was standing behind the door so he could only see my head. Chris stood there holding a bouquet of roses. He was wearing jeans and a white long sleeve shirt that wend to his elbows. He had the buttons by his collar unbuttoned. I have to admit, he looked very hot.
"Hi." I said.
"Hey. I didn't know what kind of flowers you liked so I just got roses."
"They're beautiful." I said stepping out from behind the door and taking the bouquet from him.
Just as Chyler predicted, Chris's jaw dropped.
"What?" I asked smiling and most likely blushing.
I watched as his eyes look all over my body. "You look beautiful."
"Thanks." Is all I could say. "You look good too."
He held out his hand. I turned around and placed the roses on the table and took his hand. I closed the door and we walked out of the building.
I was wrapped around his arm. "Where are we going?"
"It's a surprise."
I laughed a little. "I get nothing?"
"Nope. But we're here."
We were standing outside of a Theatre that had a sign that read Booked for private event.
"What are we doing here?"
"Go inside."
I walked inside. There was a beautiful pink and purple backdrop of a sunset that covered the stage. The lights were a faint purple and there was a huge fan in the back of the stage. And when I saw what was in the centre of the stage, I got all warm and I smiled the biggest smile ever. There was a ladder.

    I turned around to face him

I turned around to face him. He was smiling too.
"You didn't have to do all of this." I said stepping closer to him.
"Melissa, it makes sense for me to do all of this because I believe you were meant for me." He said laughing a little. I laughed too.
"Life was a song, you came along. I've laid awake the whole night through. If I ever dared to think that you cared, this is what I'd say to you."
He started singing. He was good, like, really good. He stepped closer holding his hand out. I took it and started singing along.
"You were meant for me, I was meant for you. Nature patterned you and when she was done, you were all the sweet things rolled up in one." He mouthed the word "wow" when I started to sing. "You're like a plaintive melody that never lets me free."
We started dancing. My arm was wrapped round his shoulder and his hand was on my waist. It felt like that was the warmest part of my body.
He started again. "For I'm content the angles must have sent you and they meant you just for me."
We both danced over to the ladder and climbed up on it in the same places Kathy and Don were and at the same time, and started singing together.
"But I'm content the angles must have sent you and they have meant you just for me."

After a couple of minutes of just staring down at him from on the ladder, we both climbed down.
"Now I'm gonna do something Don Lockwood didn't." Chris said.
"What?"
Chris wrapped his arm around my waist and his other hand on the slide of my face, and he kissed me. I kissed back. I had my hands around his head and in his hair. The kiss was long and soft. It felt like it lasted forever. After a few minutes, forever was over. I rested my forehead against his.
"I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now, but Melissa, I really, really like you." He said smiling.
I laughed. "I like you too, I lot." I kissed him one more time, and he kissed back deepening the kiss.