That's Your Best Idea Yet

Chris

She loved what I did for our first date. She was too special to just take to a restaurant, I just had to do something she'd never forget. We both sang You Were Meant For Me from Singing In The Rain. She had the most beautiful voice ever. It was soft and yet so powerful.
Then, I kissed her. I was a bit nervous at first, but I did it. I wrapped my arm around her waist to pull her close and my other and was on her face, and I kissed her. I was going to wait until I dropped her back off at her loft, but I couldn't wait. She was just standing there, in her beautiful blue dress, her brown hair curled around her face, her bluest eyes in the world, and her lips. I couldn't help myself. She kissed back as she ran her fingers in my hair.
I don't know why, but Melissa was different, she was special. She was not like any other girl I've ever dated or even known. Deep down, I knew Melissa was the one, I just knew it.

We both walked back to her loft, she was wrapped onto my arm, just as she was when we left her loft. I had my arm wrapped around her so she was right up against me. When we got to her door, she unlocked it, and turned to face me.
"Thank you Chris. This was the best first date I've ever been on." She said almost hugging the door.
"Me too."
"You wanna come in, for a couple of minutes?"
"Yeah sure." I responded.
She closed the door after me and we both sat down on the couch. Neither of us said anything, we just stared at each other. She was so beautiful, she was the most beautiful woman in the world.
She smiled and I lost it. I leaned forward and kissed her. She wrapped one arm around my back and her other one was in my hair. She leaned back so she was laying on the couch and I was over her. I kissed her again, and she kissed me back harder and faster. Her lips were warm and soft. I could kiss them forever. I leaned down so the only thing keeping our skin from touching, were our clothes. I wanted so bad to stay right here, with her, but Drift was at home and if I left him there, he would start barking and drive the neighbours crazy. I slowly pulled back from the kiss. We weren't kissing, but we were so close our lips were touching.
I whispered against her lips. "I really, really want to stay. But Drift is at home and I can't leave him there alone. But, we can finish this another time." I felt her smile against my lips.
"Okay, Charles." She laughed.
"Oh my god." I said sitting up laughing a little. I got up off the couch, she grabbed my shirt and pulled me against her and kissed me. Her kiss was warm, soft and simple. My stomach started tingling.
"Bye." She said.
"Bye."
Farley walked over wagging her tail. I leaned down to pat her. "Bye Farley."
I walked over to the door and left.
"Stupid Drift." I mumbled smiling.

Melissa

When I woke up, I smelt bacon and eggs. I got up and walked to the kitchen.
"Chyler?" I said half asleep.
"Morning sunshine." She said taking the bacon off the pan and placing it onto two plates.
"What are you doing here?"
"I want details." She said waving her hand gesturing for me to come sit at the table. "Did his jaw drop like I said it would?" She asked exited.
I took a bite of the bacon and nodded.
"Yes! Okay, where'd he take you?"
"He took me to a theatre and set it up as it was in Singing In The Rain when Don confessed his feelings for Kathy."
"Oh, so he needed the right setting?" She said making us both laugh.
"Yes he did."
"Okay...."
"Okay what?"
"Is that it? Did you kiss him? Did he kiss you?"
"He kissed me."
Chyler did a mini squeal. "You two are meant to be. I can feel it. This is awesome. But more importantly, Melissa," she said taking my hand. "Are you happy?"
I smiled and got all warm remembering how he made me feel. "Yes."
"Okay great!" She said as she started to eat her eggs.
    When she went to open the door to leave, Chris was standing there.
    "Hi" I said.
    "Hey." He said.
    "Okay, well, I'm gonna go now. Bye Melissa. Chris." Chyler said as she left.
    "That was Chyler, she's like another protective sister." I said. "You wanna sit?"
    "Yeah." He came in and sat beside me at the table. "Another? Do you already have sisters?" He asked steeling a bite of my bacon.
    "Yeah, an older sister, Jessica, and a younger sister, Kristina. Do you have any siblings?"
    "Yeah I have a sister too, her name is Chelsey."
    "We'll have to have a dinner with both of our family's one day." I know normally people who are dating do that, but, even though he didn't say we were dating, it felt like it.
    "We'll have to do that. I do have a question for you though."
    "Shoot."
    "Are we dating?"
    I put the piece of bacon in my hand back on my plate and stood up. I walked over to Chris and threw my leg over him so I was sitting on him. I leaned in brushing my lips against his teasing him.
    "What do you think?" I whispered. I teased him again, but he clearly had enough. He leaned in and kissed me moving his hands up my back. We stayed there kissing for a few minutes. Then I pulled away to catch my breath.
    "I have an idea." I said.
    "Oh yeah?"
    "Yeah."
    "What's that?"
    "Why don't you go back home and get Drift, so you don't have to worry about him tonight." I said in between kisses.
    "That's your best idea yet." He said smiling.
    I laughed. "Yeah?"
    "Yeah." He kissed me one more time.

Chris

I went back to my loft to go get Drift, went I got there, the door was unlocked and slightly open. I slowly opened it to see Anna standing there. She was pale, her eyes were red and swollen, she was twitching.
"Anna?" I asked not stepping closer. "What did you do?"
"I see clearly now. I can see clearly."
I frowned. "Why can you see clearly now?"
"When you broke up with me, I went to my other ex-boyfriend because I know that he truly loves me. He told me he could help me to feel better, to see clearly. He gave me medicine, and he was right. Now I know what I have to do."
"Drugs...." I stepped closer to her. "Anna, you're on drugs, you're not thinking straight."
"Oh but I am. And I know that you still love me."
"Anna I told you, I don't. I've moved on."
"What if she's not in the picture?" She mumbled.
"What? Anna, what did you just say?" My heart was racing, I had no clue what she meant. She started to laugh.
A split second later, I realized what she meant.
"Drift. Come." Over the years I've trained Drift to walk off a leash. I know you're not supposed to do that in the city though, but I had no time to get his leash.
I ran back to Melissa's loft with Drift running behind me. When we got there the door was closed, but I heard something smash. I tried to open the door but it was locked.
"Melissa! Melissa are you in there?" I yelled trying to push it open.
Suddenly, the door unlocked and I felt a little relieved. I opened the door and my heart stopped and broke.
——————————————————————————
Authors Note: Hi, I hope you guys are enjoying as mush as I am enjoying writing it. Don't forget to vote and comment if you like it. 😘
                         -MJ