Chapter 16

Unfortunately for Y/n, the first half of the day already looked like it would consist off just staying in the infirmary. What made it worse was she couldn't leave, Megami was going to take care of her.

Not to say it was a bad thing, but she felt like she was wasting Megami's and even her time. With one last wrap, the bandage was renewed and the Y/H/C-haired girl laid back on the bed. "Thanks." Y/n mumbled, flinching when Megami rubbed her hand over the scar. She heard the girl sigh.

"Where did you get this?" Megami asked with no context. Y/n gave her a confused look. "The scar, where did you get it?" she rephrased her question. Y/n only shrugged, at this point to tired to even give a full response.

The silverette sighed. "You can't possibly, not know?" Megami mumbled. "Thats the thing, I don't." Megami heard Y/n grunt.

"Okay, I need to head to class. Just get some rest and I'll be back in no time, okay?" Megami said, standing up and turning to leave. Y/n looked up, her Y/E/C eyes meeting silver ones. A smile on her face. "Okay."

Satisfied with that answer, Megami left.

As soon as the informary door slid close, Y/n face-planted into the white pillow. Burying her face into it.

Incoherent sounds came from her mouth as her words became muffled. She lifted her head, taking in a deep breath. "I can't sleep." Y/n whined.

Y/n laid back down on the bed, staring at the ceiling above her. The girl started to drift off into her own world, unaware of someone entering. Thats when she heard something. The sound of something closing.

She sat up, looking around. No one was there. Only her.

Could I be hallucinating? Y/n asked herself, a hand on her head.

"No." Y/n muttered getting up from the bed and began looking around. Everything still looked untouched.

"Oh! What are you doing out of bed?" a high-pitched voice asks. Y/n turns to see the school nurse, Muja Kina at the door. A shocked and concerned expression on her face.

"I-I just heard something." Y/n bowed before getting back on the bed. "Must be nothing or you're imagination. Now sit down." the nurse smiled. She isn't so bad Y/n said to herself.

"Oh no!" Muja cried, knocking Y/n out of her thoughts.

"What is it?" Y/n blurted out. "The keys for the cupboard. They're gone!" she said. Y/n analyzed the nurse. The keys that would usually hang off the back of Muja's clothes, were gone.

The Y/H/C-haired girl immediately checked the cupboard where the syringes would normally be kept. They were gone too.

Someone was definitely in here Y/n concluded. However, right now she needed to help the panicking nurse.

"How about we go tell the principal?" Y/n suggested calmly. "Just say it got stolen, than he could allow a student spot check." Y/n continues.

Muja seemed to calm down at Y/n's words, taking in big breaths. "Okay."
_______________________________________

So they told the principal and expected, the student council had to spot check every place, student and bag.

Needless to say, this will take almost two hours to complete. Normally shorter, but the detail of the missing syringe really worries the faculty and they are forced to take action.

Fortunately for them, they found the key. Which would now be kept in the principal's office for safe keeping. However, the syringe was still missing and Y/n was keeping an eye on a certain noirette with black-eyes and a blank stare.