Chapter 38

A sigh leaves Y/n's mouth.

It was one of those days again.

Megami being the heir of one of the most successful companies was bound to get swarmed by work and the result of missing school because of it was inevitable. The days have been going by smoothly though. Their relationship was flourishing nicely despite the times they were apart and they had settled into a nice routine.

Y/n for her part has been slowly getting used to the attention. No longer shying away from Megami's attempts in public. Well, as long as they weren't to much. Taro, on the other hand has been avoiding them and Y/n specifically. Although the Y/H/C-haired girl can feel his staring from a mile away.

"Y/l/n-san, then read the text again before answering it-" Y/n snaps out of her train of thought. She stares briefly at the teacher then the table in front of her, a small frown on her face. She chooses to push those thoughts away and focus on the teacher. Shes already been called out once.

As the time goes by, Y/n can feel it getting slower. And she hates it.

Classes end and Y/n is off.

She sits at the rooftop eating her lunch while glancing at her watch every so often, it was getting tiresome. It would be until tomorrow when Megami comes back but Y/n doesn't know if she will. Not even Megami herself does.

Maybe a call would help Y/n thinks hopefully.

Just then, someone comes up to her.

"Hey Y/n!" the boy greeted cheerfully. It was Budo.

"Budo, hello." Y/n replied. "Whats up?"

"Eh? Why do you always think people want something from you when they talk?" Budo says, offended. Y/n rolls her eyes, already knowing his antics. "I'm kidding!" Budo laughs. "But seriously, I wanted to hand you this." he says, revealing the flowers, chocolates and small letter he hid behind him.

Y/n was a little taken back.

"W-Why are you giving this to me?" Y/n says quietly, reaching to take the things from him. Budo shakes his head.

"Oh no, I'm passing it to you. I found them in my locker with a small note asking me to pass it to you. Don't worry, they aren't dangerous I checked." he said proudly. Y/n raised an eyebrow.

"Sniffed the flowers and ate a piece, no poison!" he smiled. Y/n openes the small box of chocolates. Sure enough, a piece was missing.

"I'll let your excuse to eat the chocolate slide Budo. But what about the note?" she asked. "Oh I didn't read it. I may have eaten the chocolate but that stuff isn't mine to pry." he says.

"So you admit it." Y/n says, a smug look on her face. Budo scratches his nape with a sheepish look on his face. "Sorry."

"Its alright, thanks anyway. However, do you know who wrote the note?" Y/n asks. Budo scratches his head. "I don't think I saw a name on it." he says quietly. "Do you have the note?" she trys again. "Oh yeah, I do." he says, reaching into his pocket and handing her a small piece of paper.

Please send this to Y/n-san.

Typed out Y/n thinks frustratedly. She can't even check the handwriting. "Uh see anything Y/n-san?" Budo asks. Y/n looks up at him before smiling and shaking her head. "Oh no, I was just curious what it wrote. Here." she passes it back. "Oh okay, anyways I gotta get back to class, said I'd help out with some stuff. Enjoy Y/n-san! I know I did!" he says, running of to the stairs.

Y/n simply waves, a small smile on her lips.

"That idiot." she mumbles, shaking her head. The Y/H/C-haired girl thinks back to the note. It has to be Taro. No one in this school needed to hide themselves from her and to put the effort in must be someone who wants her not to know who they are. Her days of being naive were over. It had to be Taro.