Chapter 37

"Megami-"

"No."

"Could you please jus-"

"No."

"Atleast let me breathe?!" Y/n said as she ripped herself away from Megami's tight grip. The silverette glared at her. "Y/n, get back here."

Y/n sighed. "Megami, I know your unhappy, but this is way to much." she  says. "And why would that be?" Megami scowled.

The Y/H/C-haired girl proceeded to gesture to all the students walking around them. Some were even sttarting to stop and watch.

Megami gave each of them a glare, scaring them off. "I don't care. They need to know. If they did, they wouldn't bother to try and confess." Megami muttered.

Y/n stood there awkwardly. That day when Taro confessed to her, all she could do was stand up abruptly, squeak out a 'no sorry' and bolted out the door. Only to return home to none other than Megami who pried out what happened out of her.

And she was not happy clearly.

Atleast Taro wasn't there watching. Well, to Y/n's knowledge atleast.

"Megami, listen to yourself. Your taking rash choices of actions because of a thing one person did. And your Megami Saikou mind you?" Y/n sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. Now Megami was starting to feel the stares from everyone. "I am aware that is my name, so what?" Megami replied. No matter what, she was still stubborn.

Y/n groaned a little, grabbed Megami by the hand and dragged her away. Quickly Y/n changed her shoes, Megami keeping up with her, sensing how the Y/H/C-haired girl wanted to get to where she was going quick.

In a flash, Megami found herself in a dark room. Dimly lit with little to no light. "What the-"

"I know your upset Megami." Y/n cut her off. "I know you don't like any of this. I don't too, well not in the exact way you do but you know." Y/n whispered. In the darkness, Megami could see Y/n rub the back of her neck nervously.

"But please, you have a reputation. I have a reputation. We're still in school." Y/n said. Megami looked away in shame. "But we'll be with each other until the end, no?" the other girl whispered. She was missing a student council meeting but that hasn't registered yet.

"I know, I hope we will too but." Y/n paused and soon Megami felt arms wrap around her neck and a body against hers. "You don't have to show it off. I don't mind, but you don't need to force yourself to do it. I would never go out with someone else other than you. I don't think it would be possible. I would be stupid to leave you for someone else." Y/n said quietly.

Megami reciprocated the hug, her arms going around Y/n's waist. "Besides, how do you think I'm going to feel when your inevitably going to be swarmed by guys?" Y/n chuckled, pulling away. "I-I would never." Megami said, cringing at the idea.

"Of course you wouldn't." Y/n chuckled. They pulled away, Megami looking down in embarassment. "Look at the time Gami-chan, your going to be late for your duties." Y/n says. The silverette looked around, realised and fixed her composure. "I'll see you in class, okay?" Y/n tells her.

Megami nods and kisses her cheek before leaving.

Y/n blushes, already feeling the burning stare from everyone who was still watching. "I better start going if I don't want to be late for class myself."
_______________________________________

Y/n chose to eat her lunch under the sakura tree today. Megami was busy so she decided here was going to be a good place to relax.

The quiet and calm atmosphere really let her mind let loose and think. Not about murders or potential clues no longer but about boring school stuff.