Chapter 35

"The audacity! He even said he'd hold me to that offer! I didn't even want to! Its just out of respect-"

Y/n continued to let Megami rant as she listened. They were five minutes into their walk home and Megami hasn't stopped complaining since theu started. The Y/H/C-haired girl couldn't argue though. She'd admit, if someone pulled that on Megami, she would complain the same.

However, Y/n thinks if Megami were to be hit on the outcome would come out very different with her personality and all. "But you wouldn't leave me for him, right?"

At the sound of Megami's concerned tone, Y/n paid full attention again. She looks at Megami who has already stopped walking. Standing there facing the ground.

Y/n stands in front of the silverette and holds onto her forearms. "Of course I wouldn't." Y/n says softly.

Megami looks up and smiles softly.

"I-I know this isn't like me but after our er, relationship fall out and it still being in the works, I feel like i-it wouldn't be out of the o-o-ordinary for you to leave me." Megami says ever so softly that Y/n almost missed it. She was stuttering too.

Y/n lets out a breathless chuckle.

"I would never. I know we're still working on our relationship and it seems vulnerable but I would never leave you. If I wanted too, I wouldn't have accepted to trying again, would I?" Y/n says. It was heartbreaking to see Megami Saikou, someone who was so bold in what she did be so insecure about a mere relationship.

A relationship she was in with a simple girl. And her, the heiress of a succeesful company.

"How could you trust me?" Megami suddenly speaks again. Y/n had to recover from her thoughts before answering.

"Um, well." Y/n sighs before trying to speak again.

"You always show me your love and affection and all so I guess I've just grown to trust you. Even though I don't show it often, I fear you would leave me one day too." Y/n says. Now Megami was listening to the smaller girl intently.

"That someday you'd come to me with news. Of maybe an arranged marriage, maybe your dad denied us being together or maybe you've found a nice bigwig to marry from one of your fancy parties." Y/n whispers, laughing a bit at the end. But it seemed so forced.

"I have to keep reminding myself that I'm a simple girl and your someone higher. I keep telling myself to try and show more love, but it always ends up being you. I-I guess I just struggle showing love. Being couped up on your gadgets all day does have its affect on you." Y/n laughs half-heartedly. Megami almost lets put a tear and Y/n's confession.

"Enough of that, I'm making myself seem like the victim. Just know I would never leave you, alright? I would be crazy too." Y/n says, smiling widely again.

Megami shakes her head and engulfs Y/n in a hug.

"I guess we both need this to change huh?" Megami says. "Need what?" Y/n asks.

Megami pulled away and cups Y/n's cheeks. "This relationship."

Y/n blushes at tries to look away but Megami keeps her face still. "We really have changed, haven't we?" Y/n says and Megami smiles before nodding.

The silverette kisses Y/n's forehead before fully pulling away. "Come on, we don't want to be home late. My place tomight?" Megami asks.

Y/n shakes her head. "I guess theres no saying no?" Y/n asks jokingly and Megami shakes her head aswell.

"Wouldn't say no anyways." she says before walking alongside Megami towards her place. As the two shared stories, mostly about each others time together, Y/n glanced at Megami's hand and hers.