Chapter 32

"I'm back," Y/n muttered under her breath.

And back she was. The Y/H/C-haired girl walked towards the school building, that nervous feeling bubbling more and more inside her. The rest of the students also seem to be in the same mood.

They seemed tired and Y/n has to remind herself that she wasn't the only one who was affected by the accident that happened. However, she still was the one who got the short end of the stick. Nonetheless, Y/n found it somewhat comforting to know everyone had mutual feelings about returning as bad as it sounds.

Y/n had just passed to school gates, greeting the gym teacher at her normal post and was about to enter the school building when she felt and arm around her waist. Y/n, startled, jerked forward out of the person's grip.

"Hey, what was that for?" Y/n looks up to see Megami with a confused expression. Y/n sighs before dusting herself off. "You do know what you just pulled right? Do you want to have me die of a heart attack instead?" Y/n says.

Megami only frowns before proceeding to do what she did earlier. Y/n, realising all the other students were still there along with the gym teacher and were probably watching, shyly tried to pry Megami's arm off.

"Whats wrong?" Megami whispered into Y/n's ear. "A-Are you crazy? Theres people here!" Y/n whispered fiercely.

Megami giggled. Now everyone was definitely watching. A flustered Y/n? A happy Megami? Who wouldn't stop and stare.

The two changed their shoes before heading to class. Per Y/n's request, instead off having Megami's arm around her waist, she opted to hold hands instead. It was more 'child friendly' as Y/n put it for lack of better words.

Megami found herself glancing at Y/n every so often then smiling. Y/n obviously noticed this but paid no mind to all. As the two reached class, Megami let go of Y/n's hand to enter the class and suddenly Y/n felt at lost but brushed it off.

Y/n sat at her usual seat while Megami sat hers. Shiromi was at the side, her hands behind her head in her usual pose, a smirk on her face.

As Y/n took out her stationaries and books, Shiromi slightly nudged Megami. The silverette turned to give a Shiromi a quick glare. "Yes, Shiromi?" Megami asked as politely as possible. She didn't like it when people nudged to get attention.

"I see you and Y/n there have a wewationship." Shiromi said in a baby voice and snickered. Megami scrunched her face up in disgust before slightly shoving Shiromi.

"First of all, never say it like that again. Secondly, yes so what?" Megami countered and Shiromi just shrugged. "I don't know, looks cute." Shiromi simply said before looking back to the front of the class and stare into nothingness.

Megami sighed before turning to glance at Y/n who was already busy doing something else. The girl smiled slightly before paying attention to the teacher who had just entered.

"Alright class welcome back-
_______________________________________

"You know, you could tone down a bit with the protectiveness." Y/n said, removing Megami's arm from her shoulder.

Megami, obviously not deterred, just smiled and continued to eat her food with now both her hands. The two were currently under the cherry blossom tree behind the school for a 'little privacy' as Megami put it for recess and the Y/n didn't argue.

She quite liked the idea.

For the right reasons of course.

As they ate in silence, Y/n hissed at a cherry blossom that landed in her bento. She furiously picked it up and threw it off somewhere. That somewhere was Megami's hand.