Missed Call 1 | 10:45 pm, Mon

I couldn't ignore him anymore. No matter how bad his imprints from his past made him in my head, I needed to talk to him. And I think he needs closure too.

After creating hullabaloo in my head last thinking about us, this situation I ended up feeling I was way more complicating things.

I at least owed him an explanation. Simple.

But they're complicated, aren't they? What if he won't be willing enough to stay and listen when he comes to know who I am? I have been right under his nose all this time.

While I always had a clue of who he was. I was denying to see the truth even when it was served in a platter in front of my eyes.

I was at school canteen staring at a gloomy Abhimanyu sitting on a table with his not so nerd friends.

Sometimes I fathom if it weren't for my text he'd hardly notice me, see me for me. Ironically he speaks of never giving up on me when he haven't even found me, not in reality.

I gulped down the last pieces of my remaining food heading out. Addressing him would still take time because I am not ready for the consequences.

Hell! He was right, I always try to find an escape route and run away.

My phone blared amongst my internal rant about myself. A song that has grown on me started blaring.

'Who let the dog's out? Who...' I instantly bounced back to the only person who could be behind this phone call.

I have been busted the same way, the very way I had come to know of his identity.

His black eyes were piercing mine with such intensity that a electric shock went straight through my spine.

Shit!

Be careful what you wish for Shanaya for you don't know when God may be listening. Now he has found you in reality and you don't know which way you are supposed to run. I thought to myself still entertaining his clueless one changing into frightening gaze.

He took a second glance at his phone which was pressed to his ears up until now. He clicked on it.

And my phone in return stopped buzzing. I sneaked up only to find words terrifying the hell out of me.

1 Missed Call: Jerk (Who u might love)

I tore my eyes from the insane conclusion I had arrived last night after hours of balling my eyes open and changed his contact name.

No one.

His seat was empty while his jock friends were still laughing and howling around themselves.

A single tear escaped my pooling eyes. You promised you'd never give up on me.

Oh! How could I forget you're very first words. You don't t keep promises.

*3-4 more chapters left and this book will see it's end. *