Missed Calls

Shanaya|Abhimanyu

"I am sleepy now. I think I should leave." Right now, we were cuddling sitting on Abhimanyu's couch in his house.

It's been near five months since the lonely night he had texted me accidentally. And we have only grown close.

We were having a rom-com marathon today at his place and we were already down three.

"You could stay one more hour it's just six."

I eyed him with utter disbelief disguising my amusement.

"You don't want to miss 27 Dresses. I know you have a thing for James Marsden." Good point. Did I tell you guys James Marsden is the love of my life, had I been in the movie The Notebook I would have picked him in an instant.

I mean you can understand right. Who wouldn't? Rachel.

I placed my head back on his shoulder snuggling closer to him. His warmth soon filled me.

It was 07:15 when I had woken up from the deep slumber. Abhimanyu was still fast asleep. I wiggled out of his arms as what scared me were odd noises coming from his kitchen.

Burglar, there's a burglar in our house. My first instinct was to shout at the top of my voice and alarm the neighbours or anyone for that matter. But then again I don't know if he/she has weapons or something.

There were soft noises of banging utensils causing the grip on the vase I had as my defence. I approached the kitchen only to see a man in late forties making scrambled eggs.

What the hell!

That was just what I screamed next accompanied with a shrilled shout.

"Easy lady!" He said approaching my direction.

I screamed once again widening my eyes as reaction running on my foot.

"What happened? Binky?" Abhimanyu came rushing towards me worried totally not catching the glimpse of this dangerous psycho intruder.

"This man" I pointed towards him.

And he came up with the same words but with a different reaction more like shock, I say. And anger.

"What are you doing here?" He asked him sending me behind him but still having my hand in his.

"I.. " I can't believe it you don't chit-chat with a thief. Look at his appearance. Well, he looks more like sleepless than thief-y but still.

"He's burglar here to steal. Don't you see it. You don... "

"What? I am not a thief my lady."

Abhimanyu froze for a second and then looked down at me.

"I am his father." It was my turn to freeze and you know I am the stupidest person. I take that.

A strong manly laugh filled the kitchen. Okay, I can see the resemblance now the same baritone, the body structure. He was strikingly like his father.

"Oh." And all the eyes were back on me.

"And who is this love, my son. You won't introduce us." He inquisitively throwed the question at Abhimanyu. He however still continue with the tensed angered look "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, can I not come and meet my son. And his girlfriend, I presume. You both were sleeping on the couch so I thought don't bother the lovebirds." My cheeks instantly flared with the red colour. For him he hardly caused any of it.

"No, you can't. And she is none of your matter."

"Well, she..."

"I think you should leave Shanaya we'll talk about this later."

I didn't know what to feel at that moment. But in all honesty, He still was the father of the man I have fallen for, his opinion in that involuntary stance mattered to me irrespective of his horrendous past I have heard of.

And I think Abhimanyu sensed it too.

"Shanaya, leave!" A loud shout came out him which I didn't thought was possible. I shivered from head to toe. A tear must have escaped my eyes because the look on his face told me it had. He was contemplating.

But I had already taken my steps running out of the house. Never looking back if he was following or not. It was January night, so it was cold and I was freezing.

And in that cold my phone blared at the top of it sound. Ignoring as I heard the familiar song. Let them be the missed calls.

My eyes were clouded by all the crying as I had reached a park and seated my cold self.

This is the Abhimanyu I feared from the first day.

I thought to myself as I recap-ed again again.

*Guys real quick thoughts on the update I really want to know if it's keeping you excited enough to read more.

Also, Please share the book as much as you can because I am planning something for top three devoted readers of the book.*