4. Heart Of Darkness

I met Jug in his broom closet in the school shortly after he got up and showered. Once he was dressed, we met up in the student lounge.

"For the memorial for Jason Blossom at Thornhill, do you wanna get ready than come back?" Jug asked.

"The Cooper household? As in Alice Cooper?" I hesitantly asked. 

"Yup. So see you in twenty minutes?" He questioned.

"Fine." I huffed out.

I kissed his cheek and left Jug in the school. I hopped inside my car and drove back to the Southside to Sunny-Side trailer park where dad would hopefully be. 

I drove around until I found the trailer that still had the cheesy mailbox Jellybean made. I got out of the car and knocked on the door. No response, so instead, I slowly opened the door to find beer bottles litter the floor and the trailer a complete mess. I went into the living room and found dad passed out on the couch. He was out cold, snoring so loud he might wake himself up. 

I went into the room I shared with Jellybean. The small bunkbed was still in the far corner, our small desk was right next to it and the dresser was still next to the small window leaving a small open space for when Jellybean wanted to have a dance off. I went into my closet and saw most of Jellybean's belongings gone. So I went through whatever clothes I left to try and find something decent for the memorial. 

When I found nothing decent, I went into dad's bedroom he used to share with Gladys, luckily, when I was poking around in the almost empty closet, I found a beautiful black silk dress, I reached below the dress to steal a pair of Gladys' heels to match the dress. 

Surprisingly, I found a small dress shirt and pants that would fit Jug's thin frame. I dug some more and found suspenders and a tux jacket to match. I carefully unhooked the dress and Jug's clothes and grabbed the heels heading back to my room to put it on. Looking into the full length mirror on the dresser, I saw the dress fit me perfect, it wasn't baggy anywhere and it wasn't small either. I did a small twirl letting the dress tent up beneath me. I tried to contain the small school girl giggle trying to come out. I grabbed my old brush and made sure my hair was free of knots as I put it in a half up half down style. I grabbed my other clothes and left my bedroom giving dad a small kiss on his forehead before quietly leaving the trailer park to head over to the school where I told Jug to wait.

As I walked through the halls, my heels clicked on the floor making me fell superior. I met Jug in the student lounge and handed him the clothes. As he changed, I went to his new living quarters and placed two twenty dollar bills under his pillow to hopefully help him out.

"How do I look?" He asked.

I turned and saw Jug wearing the clothes I brought him. They fit him and of course he still had his hat on.

"Would it kill you to take that thing off?" I asked with an eye role 

"Basically." He shrugged.

We walked out of the school towards my care ready to head over to the Cooper residence. As Jug gave me the directions, he kept telling me about Betty and the Coopers.

 Betty had a sister named Polly who used to date Jason, but when they broke up, she had a mental breakdown and her family had to send her away. Both of her parents worked at the Riverdale Register, which might explain why Betty is on the Blue and Gold.

 When we pulled into the driveway, I took a small breathe as I turned the car off and grabbed my phone. I grabbed onto Jug's hand as we walked up to the front door and Jug rang the bell. I took a deep breathe and Jug squeezed my hand. There were noises coming from behind the red door and soon enough Alice Cooper opened the door.