10. La Grande Illusion

BTW I'm thinking of having Sweet Pea and Alexia start dating at the end of season one or maybe the beginning of season two? Lemme know!!

AND OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG DID U GUYS SEE THE RIVERDALE SEASON 3?!?!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH FREAKING OUT RN!!!!!!!! DW NOT SPOILING ANYTHING I AIN'T LIKE THAT!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Alice cornered me to talk about last night, I finally made it to school and it was routine as always. Classes, lunch break, than spare. Which Cheryl ordered a practice. As I walked out of the girls change room in my gym uniform, Cheryl smiled at me than her eyes drifted down to my thigh. I would've thought the it-girl if Riverdale would've already known.

"Your a Serpent, Axe?" Cheryl hissed.

"Long story Cheryl. One that I don't really wanna get into now." I shrugged.

Cheryl glanced at my wrists and her face showed pity. Just great, right what I need is pity from the it-girl.

"How long?" She questioned as she gently took my wrists and gazed at the scars that were starting to fade.

"Since I could remember. Don't worry, I haven't done it for half a year." I quietly said, not wanting the other Vixens to hear.

Cheryl looked at me with a genuine smile.

"Would you like to come to Thornhill after school with me? You were there for me at my brothers memorial. Now I wanna be there for you." She smiled.

"Sure." I answered. Cheryl giggled but quickly returned to the mean girl as practice began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After practice, we all decided to hang out at the stairway having girl-gossip time. I didn't care if I was the only Vixen not in a uniform. Betty and Jug came up to us as Cheryl was making a joke.

"Cheryl, can we have a word?" Betty politely asked.

Cheryl sighed and waved her arms telling us to scatter. "Not you Axie, come." Cheryl smiled. I nodded my head and stood in front of Jug who gave me a weird glance.

"Yes, Betty. What is it?" Cheryl asked as she folded her arms and popped her hip out.

"Polly." Betty plainly said, "look, I don't know what kind of Stockholm syndrome spell you've cast on her, but I want to talk to my sister." Betty said through clenched teeth. My phone chimed and I polity left the conversation that had nothing to do with me in the first place. I sat down on the stairs once more and opened my messages to see a text from an unknown number.

UNKNOWN: Hey it's Sweet Pea. Just wanted to check in and make sure ur still alive lol

ALEXIA: I'm fine, thanks for asking lol. Anyways I can't talk, I got cheer practice.

SWEETS 🍭: You do cheer? wow 😯

ALEXIA: Oh shut up lol. I gtg, ttyl?

I didn't bother to wait for a response because I closed my phone and stood up to hear Cheryl announce that Polly will be having twins. I went over to Cheryl's side again and she smiled at me.

"And she didn't call to tell me" Betty mumbled.

"Hostages aren't normally allowed to make outgoing calls." Jug spit as he glared at the redhead next to me.

"Can you please just give her a message for me?" Betty cut in.

"As long as it doesn't upset her" Cheryl promised.