6. In a Lonely Place

I woke up to the frantic knocks on my window. I jumped and saw Alice worriedly looking at me. I quickly got out of the car and faced her, I looked around and realized the lot was empty, but Pop Tate was standing in the doorway of his diner.

"Alice, I can explain." I started, but she cut me off with a wave of her hand.

"Don't even bother,  Alexia." I flinched at the use of my full name and the tone of her voice. "Pop called me a few minutes ago and informed me of your car being parked her overnight and you walking out of his diner in pyjamas. Lexi, what happened?" With each word, her tone got more gentle and the fire in her eyes died out.

"Ever since I came to Riverdale I've been sleeping in my car. Because FP has been drinking so I've been steering clear of him. Jughead is too." I explained as I saw the look in her eyes.

"I am going to kill FP for scaring you- -"

"Alice he didn't scare me off, its just that, whenever I deal with someone who's been drinking, well you know what happens. Especially before FP saved me." I interrupted, she took my hands and soothingly held them like a mother would.

"Come stay with us, Hal won't mind and I'm sure Betty will be thrilled. Please say yes, Lexi." I looked into her eyes and saw how much she needed this, "alright, Alice. Just as long as it isn't an issue."

"It won't be. Trust me, just follow me back home and I'll get you settled in." She assured, I nodded my head and got into my car following her back to her place. I brought a change of clothes inside and quickly got ready for school when I ran into Betty while leaving the washroom.

"Oh, my God Axe. You scared me, what're you doing here?" Betty gasped out clutching her chest.

"Alice invited me over, to kinda live here temporarily. I hope your okay with that." I rushed, Betty and I aren't that close, what if she doesn't like the arrangement?

"Of course I'm okay with that, Axe. Come on were gonna be late for school." I grabbed her arm as we grabbed our backpacks and walked to school as Betty filled me in on what happened. I tried to comfort her as best I could, but what am I supposed to say? 'I'm sorry your sister got pregnant with a dead kids baby and then cracked so she had to be locked up and also ran away from the asylum'?

We went into the student lounge and sat down. Betty sat next to Jug while I sat next to Archie while Veronica sat on the arm of the couch with a cup of coffee and Kevin sat on the other side of Betty.

"My mom and dad don't want to get the police involved. They don't want anyone to know that she ran away, or about her shameful condition." Betty explained, I shook my head, I love Alice but sometimes her tactics and opinions on certain things disappoint me.

"Please. What decade is this?" Veronica exasperated, "well she knew where Jason's getaway car was they're afraid people might think that she burned it"

"Thats understandable, Betty. But I do not think that she did, just to clarify." I interjected, she smiled and nodded her head before continuing. "and that if she did- -"

"She could be the murderer covering her tracks." Jug cut in.

"Who did burn the car then?" Archie questioned and Kevin and I nodded our heads in agreement. Archie and I shared a quick glance and I quickly muttered the words 'talk later' and he nodded his head turning his attention back to the problem at hand.

"Sheriff Keller says its possible someone was following us." I shivered at Betty's guess, "oh, my God." I muttered, still confused about this whole thing.

"Honestly, guys, we should just move." Veronica said sarcastically lightening the mood a little, "I'm with Veronica on this one guys." I chimed in, having everyone a little less tense.