23. The Town That Dreaded Sundown

"Archie, you dumbass!" I yelled, "why is Archie a dumbass?" Jug asked tiredly stepping into the kitchen, "never mind." I scowled, "I'll see you at school, okay?" I kissed his cheek and grabbed my bag and left the trailer stomping over to Sweets'.

I didn't knock, I just walked in and found him laying on the couch snoring. All my anger washed away and I covered my mouth with my hand trying to stop myself from laughing.

I quickly grabbed my phone and snapped a few pictures right when he began to wake up, "hey Princess, what're you doing here?" He yawned and I chuckled sitting next to him, "school is in twenty minutes and your not even ready yet." I noted checking the time, that's when Sweets sat up straight with his hair poking in every direction.

"Shit." He muttered, he scrambled off the couch and rushed into his room where I heard groans and banging.

I chuckled and sat down on the couch putting the blanket he used over my lap as I rewatched the video again.

I scoffed as Archie's face came into go use among the others as he looked right at the camera, looking like he was staring into my soul.

I scoffed and turned the video off and could hear Sweets scrambling about in his room.

"Hey Sweets bring your laptop." I called, "why?" He shouted back and I could hear him rush to the bathroom.

"I gotta show you and the others something that'll make you laugh." I answered and found his Serpent jacket I grabbed it and held onto it waiting for him to come.

I already had mine on as I heard more shuffling from the bedroom and then I saw Sweets emerge with messy hair and a decent outfit with his bag. I giggled and handed him the jacket and waited at the front door.

"Your hair is a mess by the way." I pointed out walking down to his bike finding the helmet, "it'll do." Sweets said coming up and turning the bike on.

I smiled as we took off to Southside High with the wind in my hair and Sweets making small jokes whenever we had to stop at a light.

Finally we made it to Southside and Sweets parked his bike and grabbed his bag as I grabbed mine as we went to classes right when the bell rang.

~~~~~~~~~~

"This is what you wanted to show us?" Fangs asked from beside me, "yes. Just listen to how stupid this guy is being right now." I chuckled pulling the video from this morning on Sweets' laptop as some more Serpents gathered behind us eager to watch.

As it played I could hear some of the members laughing at the stupidity and making comments as Sweets wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer.

"Hey. Guessing we're not watching funny cat videos?" A voice asked, I lifted my head and over the screen I saw Jug looking worried.

I sighed and paused the video giving my brother my full attention. Fangs and Toni were still giggling and I smacked Fang's knee and he calmed down.

"Check this out." Sweets said using both hands to turn the screen to face Jug. When he saw Archie's face he went a little pale and his eyes grew worried. I could see it.

"Some sick-in-the-head Nothsider posted a crazy ass video," Sweets explained, "and we were just talking."

"About what?" Jug quickly asked, "Fogarty wants to earn his Serpent strips." I said plainly while smiling at the man himself who was smirking.

"I say bring us the head of that Northsider, and you're in." Sweets added as he reached around me to pat him on the back. "I'm down with that." Fangs smiled as he bumped me with his shoulder as we all laughed and Sweets banged the table a couple of times.