13. Wait, What?

I woke up with a massive headache. Must be from last nights event. I groaned and turned over tying to fall back asleep. Unfortunately, that wasn't gonna happen with Dad. He burst into my room with a cup of what I hope is tea and some Advil.

"Here ya go, Axe." Dad said softly, I slowly sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. "Do I still have to go to school?" I mumbled, Dad chuckled and went through my drawers to find something for me to wear.

"Dad, what're you doing?" I asked after I downed my Advil, "finding you something suitable to wear." He answered with his head in the closet, "cause your not going lookin' like that."

I scowled and slowly dragged my self out of bed to see what he was getting for me. "Nice." I nodded once I saw the outfit. It was a baggy white t-shirt with light blue jeans and a dark grey flannel.

"Did you're feet grow in the last few years?" Dad asked, "not really." I shrugged as I grabbed the outfit he chose from me. I laughed as he came back with him hiding something behind his back with a goofy smile.

"What're you hiding?" I asked with a smile, he revealed a shoe box, I held my hands out and he gave me the box. I opened it and saw it was a pair of light brown lace up boots.

"When did you get these?" I asked astonished, "last night after you went to bed." He shrugged, "so you did know my shoe size!" I said with a smile, he laughed and left my room for me to change.

I changed and fixed my makeup and hair. Today my hair was just let down with a few hair pins keeping some of my hair out of my face. With a smile, I left my room and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I left the bathroom, I quickly went into my room to grab my phone and see loads of texts from my friends.

As I left my room, I saw Jug walk in with a bag of Pops and coffee in his hand.

"Hey Juggie." I smiled, "hey Axe." Jug said flat as he looked around. I smiled and sat down at the clean kitchen table and let Jug look around. He chuckled as he walked into the living room.

"Dad." Jug announced, I saw Dad walk out into the kitchen without any facial hair. "Have you been body-snatched?" I smirked, "aw, I feel good, kids. Wanna look good, too" Dad said holding his arms out and smiling. "You know, shave, clean the place up a bit, little paint." Dad shrugged as he went into the living room.

"I got us all some coffee and doughnuts." Jug said as he handed Dad the bag of food and tray of delicious coffee.

"Your the best Juggie." I smiled from my spot in the kitchen.

"I read your, uh... your essay?" Dad said, "its a manuscript, Dad." I smiled as Dad sat across from me at the table. "Same thing, Axe." Dad smiled, "you did?" Jug asked, "yeah." Dad answered.

"Really?" Jug asked disbelieved, "I asked you for it didn't I?" Dad asked him, "I don'y know, I figured you were just pretending to be interested." Jug deadpanned, as Dad sat down and got his coffee. He handed me mine but Jug was leaning against the kitchen counter.

"This is excellent." Dad said patting the manuscript on the table, "me... I  can barely string a few sentences together, but you, you and Axe." Dad said surprised, "you both got a gift. Thank God your both not wasting it." Jug looked uncomfortable almost with Dad's new persona, and honestly, so was I.

"Mind if I ask you a couple questions?" Dad asked as he pointed to the only free chair at the table. "Yeah. Of course." Jug said eagerly as he sat down.

"Why Jason Blossom, huh?" Dad asked, of all the things you could write about, why pick a dead kid?" Jug shrugged and took his coffee taking the lid off to cool it down like Dad and I were.