17. The Sweet Hereafter

Jug and I stood next to each other as Keller interrogated Dad who was leaning on the crappy bed. Jug had his arms crossed as I was on my crutches.

Good thing is, I've been healing quickly. The wounds on my wrist have been getting better and they don't hurt as much and my leg is doing pretty good.

"So, Blossom was the kingpin." Keller started, "he funnelled drugs through Riverdale and shipped 'em out. What the mayor and I care about is the local component of Blossom's business. Someone is selling his drugs here in Riverdale, mostly in the Southside, but, it's started to cross the tracks recently too." He said and I scoffed when he basically accused the Southside of being Clifford's drug-pims. It's the Ghoulies, not the Serpents. I know for a fact it's them. I've seen them deal the drugs.

"And you think it's the Serpents?" Dad asked, "who else?" Keller replied, I scoffed and fixed my stance with the crutches getting into a more comfortable position.

"So here's the deal, FP." Keller started, "you feed us names, tell me who's pushing the doe, and the mayor, the DA have a chat, maybe he'd be inclined to offer you a lesser sentence."

"The Serpents don't get into the hard stuff." I told him, "it's dime-bags of weed only."

"My daughters right." Dad said, "and I'm no snitch."

"FP, if you don't help us, and your case goes to trial, there will be no leniency." Keller said as he stood in front of the bars, "you'll be looking at 20 years in a federal penitentiary for your part in the cover-up of Jason Blossom's murder."

I saw Jug give Dad a quick look before wrapping an arm over my shoulders, "like I said." Dad stared, "I'm no snitch, I'm not gonna rat my people out."

"Alright then." Keller sighed, he escorted us out of the holding cell in a rush and I couldn't contain my rage anymore.

"I need to hit something." I muttered to Jug who chuckled, "whatever you do, don't hit me." He replied.

Once we were out of the sheriff's station, Jug was with me walking to Riverdale High. While we were walking, we talked about Dad but mostly where we would be staying now.

I've talked it over with Alice since now that Polly is back home, I should leave. Now, Jug is figuring out where we could stay because he doesn't think that I would be comfortable sleeping in the garage in the Andrews' residence.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"You will not believe what Mayor McCoy and Principal Weatherbee told us just now." Betty huffed as she and Archie sat down with us.

"What did they tell you guys?" I asked with a mouth full of food, "they want us both apart of the stupid jubilee." She said.

"Why would you pass that up?" I asked, "because she thinks it was just Archie and I who found out the truth about Jason." She replied.

"But that isn't what happened." I stated, "exactly" she exclaimed, I giggled and took another bite of my lunch.

"Anyways, I told her I wouldn't do it. Not unless you both are up there with us, guys." Betty said more relaxed, "we appreciate the righteous Indignation, Betty, I do." Jug smiled lovingly at her, "but Jubilees aren't my thing. Maybe with Lex but not me."

"Jug how's your dad doing?" Archie asked, "did you get to see him?"

"Here's the latest," I said, "Mayor McCoy wants our dad to name names in exchange for a lesser sentence." I said quietly, "what? Who's names?" Betty asked.