34. The Blackboard Jungle

"This place is pretty cool." Toni smiled, I giggled as I put my bag in my old locker, like I never left.

"Trust me, give it a few weeks you'll get sick of all the bright colours." I smiled at her, "well at least the toilets flush." Sweets said standing next to me with Fangs next to Toni, "did you two seriously just go to the bathroom to check out the toilets?" Toni snorted and I laughed shutting my locker.

"Yes. We did." Fangs answered simply and we all laughed, "as long as you washed your hands." I said pointing a finger at Sweets, "already done." He assured.

I gave him a look and laughed with the rest as my phone chimed, I looked at the text and it was Archie telling me to meet him in the music room. Alone.

"Why does he want to talk to you?" Sweets asked peering over my shoulder, "he didn't say." I answered putting my phone in my pocket, "I'll see you at lunch alright?" I asked him and giving Toni and Fangs a quick look.

I smiled and turned heading in the direction of the music room racking my brain for anything Archie would want to talk to me about, alone no doubt.

I walked into the empty room and looked around, maybe he's hiding? Who knows anymore.

"Archie?" I called, I checked every bit but he wasn't here, I sighed and sat down. Out of boredom, I decided to sit at the keyboard and gently let my fingertips dance over the keys.

I smiled and began to play some notes from the new song I'm writing, Needy. Other than the words missing, I think I have the right melody down.

"Axe?" Archie called, I stopped playing and turned to see Archie walk in and sit down on a nearby stool, I gave him a tight lipped smile and turned around to face him fully.

"What's up?" I asked quietly, "I wanna talk about Nick St.Clair." He said unsure, I gulped and shifted in my seat playing with my Serpent charm necklace.

"Why?" I asked with dread in my stomach, "did you know that after he left Riverdale, he got into an accident?" Archie asked, "like, a pretty bad car crash?"

I scoffed and glared at him, "well karma's a bitch." I snapped, "and why should I care if he got himself in a ditch?" I glared, "I only wish I was able to press charges and make that monster pay, but he and his stupid family is loaded so I couldn't even touch him." I ranted as I clenched my fists in my lap trying to not lash out completely.

I took a deep breath and collected myself trying to get rid of the anger, "you must've been thrilled, too, when you found out about the accident." I said in a more collected voice, "I mean, after what Nick did to Ronnie at his party."

Archie furrowed his brows as he leaned forward, "what?" He asked, "when he got physical with her?" I asked thinking he needed more clarification, but he only seemed more confused.

"What do you mean?" Archie asked, "I mean, if Ronnie hadn't had slapped him senseless, the same thing that happened to me may have happened to her." I explained and I shivered at the thought of Ronnie having the same fate I did.

"I am going to murder him." He growled and I stood up worried, "Archie, I genuinely thought you knew." I said slowly as Archie stood up too, "it was Ronnie's right to tell you, not mine." I defended but Archie seemed to not care.

"I'm sure there's a good reason why she didn't tell you yet." I said defending my friend's honour, "yeah, and I think I know what it is." Archie finally said and I nodded my head cautiously, I don't want him freaking out in here.

My phone started ringing and I saw Betty calling, "it's Betty." I said softly, Archie nodded and left the music room, I sighed and answered the call bringing the phone to my ear.