Ch 5 - Grinding Away

Tina aka Animefreak1988 and I so far think it's too close to call. His Lingyin story is taking a certain route and mine is totally different. Even so I think by maybe chapter ten each both of us will see which one favors but this is until the end. I think I am starting to have a slight edge for reasons he doesn't know but he has hours and hours of intel and notes. Protege is giving me a run for my money.

Back to the action it's the first night moving in together. Where to from here?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Reen was waking up slowly. Tossed and turned for a few moments and realized that it was just that time. Come on. Before my alarm? What is this? The morning temper in full effect and she rises. It's just before six o'clock and class isn't until two hours. Then Reen looks over at the dividing wall. Not able to see a good amount of the bed but can tell it's been made. What the heck is he doing up? She heard the bathroom door close. "Roomie?" She called.

"Reen? Morning. Thought you would still be sleeping."

"Me? Why are you up?"

"I'm a morning bird I guess?" He chuckled. "Anything I can do? Want me to turn around as you make it to the bathroom? Grab you a hairbrush? Make tea? Anything?"

"Tea and my brush is on the counter. These things are hard to take care of." Refering to pulling on one of her twin tails.

"I can imagine. Moment." He headed into the bathroom once more to grab her brush and exit. Then had to pop the question. "Can you catch?"

"Please don't."

"You decent?"

"Obviously. What kind of girl do you think I am?" Huffed Reen.

"Well, you want the truth?" You fold the divider and hand her the brush.

She took it and started to fix her hair. "Oh please enlighten me."

"Fiesty and aggressive yet calm and cute. Something like that." Crap I said it. "What kind of tea?"

Did he just? "Black. I'll be a moment." She got up and went into the bathroom. Well I guess I don't know how to take compliments outside of Ichika. I'm just gonna ignore that.

Damn I messed up big time. Black tea. Honey and sugar for extras. Time to not blow it. Too forward. Girls were going to be flattered or be horrified on comments like that. Which one would it be? More on the horrified side for (FN) as he started brewing and chopping some fresh fruit for breakfast. Having the to pot settle over the heat starting to take in the morning slowly. It was a warm day ahead and his first full day of routine. Classes, extended notes, and training in his I.S. for the first time coming over to the school.

~~~~~

(FN) left first and Reen was going to lock the door behind her as she left. Thinking it was good to be early he was in there ten minutes with no exceptions. Getting his supplies ready so he can learn more about the units themselves from their battle style, weak points, and design. Oh to a solid day as he eventually drew very rough sketch ideas of units and their compatibility. A rough day at class but deep down knowing that if he didn't work hard he would be back home. As nothing. Just a noodle delivery guy trying to get by and work himself up the ranks again. Thanks the I.S. Academy no only did he feel that he had to prove his worth but stand out on top if possible as well. As much as he humanly could possible. An extra tea pot? He would be driven so. A few points higher on a test (FN) naturally would hit the books more.

The final bell rang. (FN) was getting everything together. Ichika being the mentor took the empty seat next to him. "Hey (FN) how is everything adjusting?"

He wiped his eyes. "Trying to start and stay on top of my game. Moving in with Reen us sweet so far. We made noodles last night and now I'm just studying."

"Don't you learn all of this in combat training?" He asked.

"It sounds surprising but I learned from a book first. Thank goodness I didn't hurt anything. Or electrocute myself rather. Happy about that one too." He chuckled.

"Shocking? Something I'm missing here?" Asked Ichika.

That's right he hasn't seen my unit. He put a hand on Ichika's shoulder. "You will see soon enough. Surprises."

Reen came through the door. "Hello ladies, Roomie, and Ichika." She greeted.

"Oh hey Reen." Smiled Ichika.

(FN) nodded. "Hey Roomie. How goes it?"

"Same old same old. Oh and I'm making sure you aren't going to ditch training."

(FN) got up from his seat. "Well well. I guess it's time. But uhhh... Ichika where do we change into our battle outfits?" Still new to the place and it came out like a stupid question. Except he's the second boy in the whole school. Least he had guidance.

"Only one locker room. Just have to beat the girls. Let's go." Ichika started to proceed towards the door.

You got to be freaking me! "Hold on I got you." He tried to place everything in his bag neatly and time efficient as he could. Then zipped it up before dashing towards the door. "See ya Reen. See ya girls." (FN) waved and chased after Ichika. You know I can't complain so far. Everything has gone ever so smoothly. Can't complain. Honestly. Now time for battle. Can't wait to suit up to prove my worth. Let's do this.

~~~~~

After like three hours of sleep I'm just going over this again. Not bad for about 3 AM or so. Yo Tina your move. Curious to see what you're going to do with it.

As always I hope all enjoyed, vote for more, comment freely, and as always have an awesome day because you guys are the best and make this happen. Any questions or concerns are welcome. Love you all.

-Relentlezz