Ch 23 - Grounded

How the hell is that going to work? What? Pick up a sword made by a blacksmith and fight like some MMO Samurai? Might as well fly you home. What is Ling going to think?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Miss Orimura was firm on the situation. Always was to begin with. She was never easily influenced and surely this was thought out for the last hour or so. "You heard what I said. You can't fight. It may possibly make it worse. Your I.S. is malfunctioning and it is as simple as that. I can't work on it while you attend classes. I don't know how long it will be. Might take days. But if myself and the others can't crack this then what else do we suppose we do?"

"You might as well fly me back to Seoul. Just damaged goods at this point."

She bopped you on the head. "Get over yourself. You made it this far. I won't bother your little girlfriend now. But after lunch those devices are mine. That understood? Do not make me track you. It will only result in punishment for you. Take care of her and I will do my best day and night to get rid of this virus and get you back in battle. If we make a move I will put you out however way I can. If you need to borrow a training unit so be it. Do I make myself clear?"

She was very detailed which was nice. Not having to scramble your brain about the procedure and that you do nothing but sit in your room. It wasn't bad per say but you couldn't fight this. Impossible to punch out an infection. "Okay. Here." You take off your device and hand it over. "Get a head start and I will send Ling a text." You smile and got deep. "I know you won't fail us. You never do. Yes you have a sharp tongue but you care. I'll see ya."

"Thank you. And (LN)?"

"Yes?" 

"You speak no word of this to anyone. You, Orimura, and your friends shut up about this. That is a direct order."

"Understood."

"No training for today either." Chimed Tatenashi. "Just rest up and do well in class. 'Kay? Here." She threw you a key.

"What's this?" 

"My room. You can't sleep in yours. Unless that is, you want cold wind and broken glass." 

"Got it." That was all that could be done. "Thanks Senpai."

"I will check on you soon. Get some rest."

~~~~~

< Ling. Rest up. Call me when you can. Tatenashi is working on the stuff with Miss Orimura. I got Tatenashi's room alone. But let's meet up. We need to talk. I love you. >

That was sent hours ago as you just want to Tatenashi's bed and just got three hours of sleep. Could have been more but you just had to adjust first. Her bed smelled like her. Like natural calming sent. Not as good as Ling but still strong. Though you woke up from a call.

< Hello? >

< Hun it's me. You're on speaker. >

< Ling. How are you? >

< Charlotte and Laura kindly understood. How are you? >

< Shaken up. I know you are too. Listen only we, Ichika, and our friends are allowed to know. No one else because they do not want to make it public. Understood? >

< Nien. Who dares to hurt Reen and her bride? > Who else but Laura.

< No idea. Listen Ling I'm going back to our dorm in a half hour to grab clothes and shower off. Meet me there. I need to explain something. I, can't tell you over the phone. >

< Okay Hun. Be well. >

It was nice to just shower off after last night or technically speaking this morning. By the time you put pants on Reen came through the door. Not thrown off about you being shirtless.

"(FN)?"

"Hi. Throwing on a shirt and heading out. You're a bit early."

"Well I came to check on you. How you holding up?"

"Ling-" Might as well say it. "I had to hand in my device to my I.S. unit. You're next."

"What!?"

"Lin-"

"How am I supposed to fight?"

"Liste-"

"Does she have any idea the lengths I've trained and worked on it? I mean obviously I'm China's contender. But come on. No unit for how long? They stripping me of my title? Are they-"

"Ling!" She jumped and she flinched. "Reen. Look. I'm sorry. I gave it to them earlier. They want it disabled, tracked, and functional. I deployed my unit and it wasn't deployed immediately. It was slow. Firing a shot. Slow. My unit is just what I feared. It lags and basically goes saying they bugged my I.S. and most likely did it to yours. That means our dorm is off limits. We need to move out temporarily until they fix the glass and everything."

"Charlotte and Laura offered us a bed and those two will share if we need to."

"Welp. We'll be moving into there I guess and I'll shower and such back in our room. Don't want to make anyone uncomfortable."

She looked at her device. Then to you. Sad. Easily seen in her eyes. "Last night, I was scared. Charlotte helped me not worry going back to sleep. But I was scared. Having our room broken into. Then you were there. Doing everything you could to fight back. They left and you got hurt."

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I'm just glad you're okay. Look Ling, they told us we're still in the fight. We just get a few days off. I hate it too but we got this. I promise you around a week or so we will have a better feel for things. I know this is an early challenge for us but, we got this. Alright?"

She smiled and took off her device. "Okay. We aren't any use when we can't fight near our best. Right?"

"Yup."

"Here Hun." She handed you her device and gave you a quick kiss. "Drop that off and I'll see you in class. I'm going to shower."

"Right. Thanks Ling."

~~~~~

You hope it's soon but get real. This may be a while. But a bad I.S. will never do. Unless you play decoy. Nay-nay.

As always I hope all enjoyed, vote for more, comment freely, and as always have an awesome day because you guys are the best and make this happen. Any questions or concerns are welcome. Love you all.

-Relentlezz