Ch 22 - Mech Doctor

So your I.S. unit isn't responding the way it should. This is scary measures after your room was broken into. Miss Orimura might have a cow.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

You couldn't go back to sleep after that one. Your body in panic mode and the fall in your I.S. that shouldn't have happened. Your girlfriend ran out of the complex knowing that she knew her unit wouldn't work after you crashed down into the ground from the window. You breath carefully and the alarms five minutes later were shut off. Students mostly couldn't go back to sleep and Miss Orimura and her assistants were furious that an enemy attack occurred at this time of night. With bedtime out of the question and help from the others you and Reen went back your dorms to dress yourselves and then go into the analysis room with Miss Orimura, Miss Yamada, and Tatenashi to go over all that happened. 

"So President you seem to be on top of this one." Miss Orimura was trying to calm her thoughts in her chair. "What is this annoying diagnosis?"

"Well Miss Orimura what appears is (FN) and Reen's units have been uploaded with software almost like a computer virus. Instead it is not shutting down the hardward. As of yet that is."

"A virus? So what the hell?" You look down at your device.

"So this green color is this virus?" Asked Reen.

"Exactly. So they had equipment to come in contact with your device. From what we have gathered with tests is no damage has been cause to your I.S. (FN) outside of the impact. The structure itself seems in fair shape." Miss Yamada was going through her computer screen. "Though the timing is the only function that we have had a timing issue." She was trying to crack this with only a slight amount of information.

Tatenashi grabbed your wrist and tilted in back and forth to see if there was any signs. "The green is obvious. And yet only movement is the factor. How long does it last?"

"Well I have no idea if that was a test or not. We will have to monitor and keep track of them until further notice. And we cannot have you two activate your units either." Instructed Miss Yamada.

"God dammit!"

"Hun-"

"So basically do nothing? Any trace of them?"

Tatenashi frowned. "I'm sorry."

"This thing can't have the location tracked of who bugged it? You're telling me we are at a standstill? Of all the I.S. research this is a first? Why did it happen to the South Korean that no one has heard of? They pick a name out of a hat? Well they can go crap in it."

"Wait a minute. What did you just say?" Tatenashi stood still.

"Go crap in your hat?"

"No. Go back that first sentence."

"Wait. You mean this has a homebase and we might be able to find this all out? I mean it's about three o'clock in the morning. Yeah they got us good. Regardless of us being safe tonight you honestly think they won't just swing back? I just saw three members. They had nothing to do with us. They were much older then me. Maybe your age Miss Orimura." You coughed once. "Still. Think anyone could just sleep after that? Right."

Tatenashi smiled. "I knew you had it in you."

Reen yawned. "So study these we get back to you?"

"Preferably with someone who can stay." Miss Yamada did not want to bring that one up.

"Well Ling that's me. Take notes for me while I sleep in examination." You open up your arms for a hug. 

"I'm sorry, you're doing what?" Uh-oh. Chinese twintail outrage coming through.

"I'll stay to have tests done on my I.S. and you go knock on the door of Houki, Char, or someone and see if you can crash a couple hours before classes. Me I'll work it out."

"Hun, seriously? Sure about it?"

"Ling. Get some rest. Please? No Chinese fireball. That'd be great."

"Just-" She hugged you. "Promise to spend a little time with me tonight."

"You know I will." You nod off as she started to ask around. Calling Charlotte first since she seemed to be the most generous out of all of them. Laura wouldn't mind too much after all. There you grabbed a chair as everyone else had to just study your device. Energy levels weren't going down. It was stable. It would need a little time before it would go back up.

Miss Orimura was starting to get frustrated that nothing was coming back to her. "Alright that does it. (LN) we're all going to arena one. I need to find out for myself. It's the only way to get this over with. Bad enough I'm dressed and working past 3 AM." She wasn't happy at all. Tatenashi and Miss Yamada took it well. Considering those smiles were easy to flash here and there regardless of needing sleep too.

Miss Orimura wanted to just get how this virus worked. Instead of captured footage and the going through theories and research let's see what can be done first hand. "Alright so first thing I need you to do is deploy your unit."

"Okay." You take a breath and transform. It seemed off. Some sort of difficulty summoning the I.S.. "That's just- This seem right?"

"Gotta be quicker then that." Miss Orimura sighed angrily. "Nevermind. Fire three rounds."

"Seems easy enough." Now in school you learn that every I.S. unit is connected to you. Your brain and your nerves. Yet somehow, some way your brain thinking your right I.S. arm can lift and fire a shot is glitched and laggy. "Miss Orimura?" You gasped.

"How do you feel?"

"Off..."

"Well from what I just saw there is only one thing I can do. That is for us to prepare you for something that you won't like. But I have no choice."

"Spit it out Director."

"You and your girlfriend who just left are turning in your I.S. units. You two are incapable."

"Blasphemy!"

~~~~~

Shit. Not good. Not like you can fight them off either.

As always I hope all enjoyed, vote for more, comment freely, and as always have an awesome day because you guys are the best and make this happen. Any questions or concerns are welcome. Love you all.

-Relentlezz