Ch 13 - Results Pending

You are getting to the infirmary as Miss. Orimura and the gang have some work ahead of them. How much? And how beaten up are you?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Miss. Orimura was waiting for the results from her best friend, favorite teacher, and assistant Miss. Yamada for the analysis of what just happened after giving students the order. As they cleared out she still had her game face on. The I.S. was in the exam room. In pieces for sure though these were scary and important results. Machines taking a look at the mech. Seeing the materials used, any tracking devices, programming, and anything this machine differing than the other ones.

"So it was unmanned after all." Said Miss. Yamada.

"And core not registered?" Asked Miss. Orimura.

"Correct."

"I see."

"467 I.S. cores in the world. And yet a core unregistered and know nothing about. How could it be? No pilot and no registration."

"Well we have students and staff that can take care of it. It seems I can trust them. If I didn't have faith in my brother I would jump in the I.S. myself and destroy the other unit into oblivion. But if I do that to Ichika it would be his worst nightmare for other reasons. We need to keep watch. Surely something else is in the works here."

"Something must be stirring and being plotted accordingly. Makes logical sense. Why would an enemy send a random attack? What motive would that be?"

"Exactly my point. We will see what we can dig. We will table this for tomorrow same time."

~~~~~

The girls wanted to see how Ichika was doing first. He had a bed right next to yours and both of you were entitled to rest after helping take the U.I.S. down for the count. Luckily for him it was just some minor bruising. Ichika was able to freely do whatever he wanted just so much he was laying down for a while. The girls bustled in quietly and looked at the two of you. Ichika staying quiet as you were out cold.

"You both alright?" Asked Charlotte.

"I'm fine but he can't say the same Char." Replied Ichika feeling terrible that he left you hanging.

"Exactly what happened during that blast?" Asked Houki.

"I just remembered feeling a hard push and a bang. That I help get escorted here. That's about it. All I can say about it. Nothing more. He took the almost the whole impact. It shielded me a little too."

"What are his injuries?" Asked Lingyin.

"Well Reen I know they said concussion. Outside that he's banged up good but treatment is supporting some fast healing."

The door opened up. "Evening Dear. Girls." Winked Tatenashi entering the room. "How are you two feeling?"

Ichika shook his head. "He hasn't woke up yet. Concussion protocol and he is banged up. I was just telling them."

"I see. Let's have a look at the clipboard and get a diagnosis." Tatenashi went to it and examined the log. "Let's see here." Starting with name. "Mr. (FN) (LN). Heart rate is looking normal the last two hours. Unit disabled halfway through explosion and skidding across. Head recoiled off ground with left shoulder and knee. Body has regular fatigue and soreness as expected. Due to ability to answer questions will be active in seven day concussion protocol for safety procedures going forward." She put it down. "Well then Ichika that seems bad. You seem alive and well. Our friend wasn't lucky but his effort did us well. His unit needs repair and you name it."

"Why did he do it?" Frowned Lingyin.

"He wanted to prove his worth I guess." Pondered Ichika.

"Well I hope our next session isn't about crash and burn techniques." Soothed Tatenashi.

"What are you teaching him?" Argued Lingyin.

"Well Reen while you're worried about beauty sleep we're doing reflexes. Can be anywhere from a kendo to a dodging balls. Houki would beat the stuffing out of him."

Houki nodded. "Good point. I've done this most of my life after all."

Your eyes opened up. Except this wasn't like a normal wakeup. This was a blank stare and a couple winks. You shrug your shoulders and everyone almost jumped looking over. You blink and sigh. "Head hurts." You mumble doubtful anyone could hear you.

"First sign." Smiled Lingyin. "Hey Roomie do you remember my name?" She asked softly.

"La, Ling."

"Ling? Oh my. His head not be in the right place." She thought.

"Lingyin..." You mumble.

She walked up to you. "Hey. You feeling better?"

"Headache." You groan.

"Concussion my apprentice. But Reen and I will take good care of you I promise. Deal?"

"Yeah..."

"That's the spirit." Wow we got quite the busy schedule in store for him. Whatever Miss. Orimura gives me, training him, and not just that but monitoring him. Ichika's birthday is pretty soon and I'm just wondering what's going to happen when that comes around particularly for these two. Secretly I think she likes Ichika and (FN). Thinks she's tied with what once was and the emotional level they were on and someone new. Now he's not strong at the moment but he cares and works hard. I truly see it. Time for me to make my moves and go from there when I get the chance.

~~~~~

Tatenashi is pulling a Hitch (date doctor if you didn't watch this hilarious movie) as you recover? You got time to heal up and get your brain in place. But with Ichika's birthday soon does this mean Reen kisses up to him or mellows out for you?

As always I hope all enjoyed, vote for more, comment freely, and as always have an awesome day because you guys are the best and make this happen. Any questions or concerns are welcome. Love you all.

-Relentlezz