Chapter 6

As I wake up, I see Adelaide still wrapped around me. I grab my phone to check the time: 6:30.

"Hey Adelaide," I lightly nudge her.

"What," she murmurs into my chest. "I'm still sleeping."

I chuckle. "Well, it is 6:30 and I need to go get ready for school so I can eat breakfast before the dining hall closes. But I can't do that while you are wrapped up in me."

"But you are such a nice pillow." She tightens her hold and I laugh. This girl is way too much.

"Fine," I give in and wrap my arm around her. "Ten more minutes. You are lucky breakfast closes at 7:30."

We lay in silence for a minute. But it isn't awkward. It is comfortable. It's the kind of silence where you don't need to talk. I like being around people like that. There isn't as much tension.

"So are you nervous to audition today?" Adelaide asks, breaking the silence.

"Not really. Before you asked me to come down here I was meditating. It helps me to not stress and not have stage fright. But being with you helped me not think about it also." I smile down at her.

"You have stage fright?" She looks up at me confused. "With how confident you are in your playing, I never would have guessed."

"It used to be terrible actually. I would shake during solos to the point where there was no musicality in my playing. And I would mess up and shake even more. I would even black out. I would still be conscious. But in the time between starting my solo and ending it, I wasn't really thinking about playing. I know I played the notes right. But I just don't remember it."

"What makes you so scared?"

"I have never figured that out." Which I haven't. After 11 years of playing I still do not know why I hate playing in front of people.

"Wow," she states. "Well, we should start getting ready for school."

She unwraps from me and I get up from the bed. I grab my phone and I head to the door.

"See you in band girly," she says. I turn around to see her still laying the bed. Looking breathtaking in all honesty. How does someone look that good when they wake up?

"See you in band, Miss Park."

"Hey you know I hate that!" She throws a pillow at me and I run through the door before it can hit me. I laugh.

By the time I reach my room it is 6:50. I am a fairly quick dresser so I can get ready in 10 minutes and head down to the dining hall and eat by 7:30.

I wall into my room and see Logan awake.

"Hey good morning," I say. Wow. I see her for the first time in four days and that is what I say.

"Hi," she says annoyed. Hm. What's up with her?

"Are you alright?" Maybe this could possibly lead to her telling me where she has been.

"Oh yeah. Just waking up," she shrugs. "So where were you last night? I saw you downstairs but I didn't see you come back in."

"Honestly I don't think you have a right to ask me where I have been when you have been MIA for four days. I don't even see you at meals." Woe why am I so defensive? It isn't like anything happened. Well, nothing happened but if people saw our positions they wouldn't think nothing happened.

"I have personal reasons." She says looking and turning away.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lashed out like that. I don't know your life." And I do feel bad. But I am also curious.