Chapter 16

Last night was....wow.

I have no words.

When I left Adelaide's room I layed in my bed thinking. Eventually, I went to my desk and made a pro/con list of dating Adelaide. Here is a rundown version:

Pros:

1. I will be happy
2. I know she will take care of me
3. Adelaide is an amazong person and I will never find anyone like her
4. It would be good for me

Cons:

1. We could get caught and Adelaide goes to jail.

2. Is it wrong?

I could only think of two cons, but those two cons are the only reasons I will not date her. I think the first outweighs the second though. But it still is in the back of my mind.

The thing is, I want to. I know her and I would be great together.

I just don't know.

I look at my clock to see it is 8:30 - too late for breakfast. I look over at the other bed which is still being slept in.

I throw my pillow at her. "Logan!"

"What I am sleeping?" She grumbles.

"We missed breakfast," I stand up from my bed and walk to my desk. I pick up my mirror to see how bad the bed hair is.

"Awe what?" She groans. "It was waffles today!"

"Yeah I know," I turn around to look at her. "im going to go to the kitchen, do you want anything?"

She lays back on her bed. "Just one of those cheese danishes in the package."

I put my hair in a ponytail and put on my sandals. "Alrighty." And I head out
the door.

I walk into the kitchen and I see Adelaide. "Oh hey."

She turns around and smiles. "Did you skip breakfast also?"

I chuckle and walk to the pantry and grab to cheese danishes. "Yeah, so did Logan."

I walk over to the refrigerator to grab a couple juices. "So are you doing anything for the festival?" I ask.

"Actually, yes," she sits on the counter. "They have me doing the dunk tank from 1-2. I am dreading it."

"Oh that is going to be fun to watch." I laugh. I walk over to stand next to her.

"Oh shut up," she shakes her head. "It is not going to be fun for me."

"Well hopefully there won't be many people who hit it."

"Yeah hopefully," she jumps down from the counter. "Well, I need to go get ready. They also have me doing tickets."

I nod my head. She walks out of the kitchen and to her room. I walk upstairs.

"Hey so why were you up so late?" Logan asks when I walk into the room.

I hand her the juice and pastry and walk over to my bed. "Just couldn't sleep," I shrug my shoulders. "A lot of thinking."

"What were you thinking about?"

"Just," I pausd and shake my head. "Nothing."

"Well, it obviously isn't nothing because you were up so late."

I sigh and run my hand through my hair. "I can't tell you about it."

"Well, tell me as much as you can."

I am silent for half a minute trying to think of how I could say this. "So, there's this thing. If I decide to do the thing it could make the other person involved and I very happy. Probably happier either of us have ever been. But also if we do it could hurt us. The other person more specifically."