Chapter 15

Today is Halloween and the girls and I decoded on dressing up as Winnie the Pooh characters. I am Winnie the Pooh, Logan is Piglet, Spencer is Roo, Robin is Owl, Sierra is Eyeore, and Adelaide is Kanga.

We honestly look pretty great. There is a costume contest before dinner in the auditorium. There is a individual winner and a group winner. For individual there is a individual winner and a individual student. For group it is any group. I am pretty confident that we will win for group, but you never really know.

It is currently fifth period and I am sitting in the library reading random poetry books. I love it. I love reading in general. But poetry actually tell you someone's thoughts and feelings.

However, I definitely can not write poetry. I express myself through music. I think it is in your tone and body language. You can tell how someone is feeling when they are playing. It is hard to describe, I think you have to see it to understand.

I look at my phone to see that I have ten minutes till sixth period starts. I stand up and walk to the shelf where I grabbed the book and put it where I found it. I say goodbye to our librarian and head to the music hall. As I walk through the quad I receive many comments on my costume and I say thank you. It is just a Winnie the Pooh onesie, but I love it. It is soft and so comfortable. I would wear it forever if it wasn't so hot.

I actually have not seen Adelaide in her onesie. I am excited for that. To see her in a kangaroo onesie will be quite a sight. She actually didn't even want to dress up. She said that she is too old. But, I made her. She wanted to be Tigger but I told her that she has to be Kanga because Kanga is the mom of the group and gives advice.

I walk into the band room and once I walk in I see Adelaide in her onesie.

"You look so cute!" I exclaim. She lifts her head up and gives me a playful glare.

"Shut up," she says. I chuckle and walk to my seat.

As everyone makes their way into the room I examine their costumes. Some are pretty basic. Not much put into them. But others are over the top. One girl came in a T-rex costume. Another is Harley Quinn. Dyed her hair and everything. One person even dressed up as our pastor. That one is the funniest however.

Something that I noticed is how there are many angels, but no "devils". Guess that is the pice of going to a Christian school. It is kind of funny.

Eventually everyone is in the classroom and Adelaide begins the class. We have begun our music for the Winter concert. We are playing Oh Holy Night, The Christmas Song (I have a solo), and A Charlie Brown Medley. I am pretty excited for everything but the solo. I think Adelaide is just trying to torture me. Luckily, I am not the only ome with a solo this time. The piccolo has a solo during Oh Holy Night and a couple other instruments have solos throughout Charlie Brown. I am letting Erin, second chair trumpet have the solo for that song.

"Good afternoon everyone!" Adrlaide smiles at the class and we all turn our attention to her. "Happy Halloween! I love all of your costumes!"

"Miss Park what are you supposed to be?" A girl from the trombone sections asks.

She gives me a quick look. "I am doing a group costume contest with Willow and her friends for Winnie the Pooh characters." Everyone turns to me and I feel my face go red. "Willow made me dress up and be Kanga." I tilt my head down and don't pick it up till she starts talking again and I am certain everyone has turned their heads.

The class goea by quickly and we all pack up and put our instruments away. I stay behind like I usually do to walk with Adelaide to the dorms. We meet up with the girls afterwards however on Fridays after school there are faculty meetings.