Chapter 18

The past few days have been the best days of my life. It has not been as great as Sunday was because we have school, but it still was great. Just knowing that I have a person who cares for me unconditionally just makes me smile altogether. And that person being Adelaide makes me even happier.

The only times that we have to spend together are during second period, where we each have free period. During lunch, and after school. I don't want to spend too many nights in Adelaide's room because Logan may get suspicious. Hell, I think she already is.

I am currently laying in bed, it is Thursday morning and I am so ready for the week to be over. That means that I have two weeks until I get to go home and see my mom. I will be spendomg the first week with her, and then the second week I will fly back and be with Adelaide. However, my mom just thinks that I just want to come back early. And, I would rather not spend two weekz with my dad.

I get up to put on my uniform and get ready for the day. Logan, is still sleeping in the other bed. I have just learned to let her be. She is on her own schedule.

I finish up and head downstairs to eat. I go to the table Adelaide and I have met at for each meal. We have not sat with the girls in since Friday. And I hate it. But also, I do not want to lead Sierra on. I wonder if that is what I did. I mean, usually when people tell people they like them, they think the other like them back. I mean, that is what she told me. Logan told her what I said, which wasn't fair for Logan to say anything and I am kind of avoiding her for that, but she probably took that as I was talking about her. And I hate that. And I am just an awkward person in these situations that I don't know what to say.

I eat my food, not entirely expecting Adelaide to come. She doesn't wake up early unless I wake her up. And even then she will not get up.

I finish my food and put the dishes in the buckets and head over to my room to grab my things.

I pass by the table and I see Sierra and Robin. Robin waves but Sierra looks away. And she looks mad. I sigh to myself while I keep walking. At least she did not tell them anyone anything.

When I reach the room, Logan is coming out. I put my lanyard with my keys around my neck and walk in.

"Willow can we talk?" She asks me. "You seem upset and distant and I am worried."

I turn to look at her. I take a few moments of silence to think about my answer and if I really want to talk to her.

"Logan, I need to get my thinks together and head to class. Maybe later."

I walk into the room without saying anything else. I lay on my bed and look up at the ceiling.

When I think about it though, I have been pretty distant and it has been longer than the past several days. It is like, I met them but didn't bother to actually spend time with them besides meals and every now and then. I wish I could change it. But now it is so awkward.

I get up and grab my bag and head out of the room, locking the door behind me.

I get through Culinary and my free periods through ease. I end up hiding in the library like the past few days.

But it is now time for English. Which I am excited for because we will be finding out what our next novel is.

I walk in, and no one else is in the room but Mrs. Rose. She looks up to see who just walked in and smiles when she sees me.

"Willow how are you?" She puts down her pen that she was writing with and leans forward.

I smile. "I am doing pretty well. I am honestly excited about the next novel we will be reading."

"I excited about this book also. I think you are going to love it."

The rest of the girls begin piling into the classroom. Me, impatiently, waiting for the class to begin.

"Alright girls," Mrs. Rose announces. "Everyone ready to find out our new book and get it from the library?"

The other girls groan, but I grin in my seat. Mrs. Rose chuckles and looks at me.

"Oh, well. We are doing it anyways."

The others girls look so bored. And I don't understand. I would rather read than anything else.

"Well, we will be reading, The Picture of Dorian Gray."

I squint my eyes. I have not heard of this book. Mrs. Rose notices my confused expression.

"This novel is about a man who has his portrait done. Is terrified that he will age so he sells his soul and the portrait ages instead of him."

"What mind of witchcraft is this?" A girl asks in disgust.

However, I am intrigued.

"It is a fantastic novel and I hope some of you like it," she winks at me. "Well, let us go to the library."

We all get up to go to the library.

As I am walking I hear a voice behind me.

"So, are you excited about the book?"

I nod my head. "Well, I have not heard of it. However, I very interested."

"It is one of my most favorite books. I am sure you will love it."

"Well, if you like it, then I trust it will be amazing."

We continue walking to the library and the process to grab our books is quick. As soon as we return to the classroom, I bury my head in the book while the others girls converse with each other.

As I am reading I realize that I am having some difficulty reading it. However, I still read.

"Alright girls, class is dismissed. Go have some lunch."

All the girls rush out of the room and soon there is only Mrs. Rose and I in the room.

Mrs. Rose looks up from her desk recognizing the presence of another person still in the room. "Willow, are you okay?"

"Yes," I assure her. "I am fine. I am just noticing I am having some difficulty reading the book."

She nods her head in understanding. "Well, we will be reading it together in class. You did not have to start it."

"No, I know. I just wanted to get a head start." I shrug my shoulders. "But, since I am starting to have difficulty, and I assume it will not get better, I was wondering if we could talk about each chapter once a week? Just to make sure I am understanding correctly."

"Okay, I like that. Just tell me when you would like." She smiles at me. "Now go eat."

"Bye Mrs. Rose."

"Bye Willow."

I walk out of the room straight to Adelaide's classroom.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ugh. I seriously struggled on this chapter.

And guys I am so sorry. Life has been shit for me. It has just sucked. I really want to finish this story and I have so many ideas. But my depression and everything happening is weighing me down. So I promise it will be finished. But it will take me time.