Chapter 7

4 weeks later

Today is Tuesday, August 28th. My birthday is in 3 days: August 31st. I am turning 18 years old. Which right now it is weird to think about. Like, even right now I still can not sign up for dating apps. Which I am not trying to. But I am only three days away. Wow, eighteen.

Somehow Logan, Sierra, Robin, and Spencer found out. They said they are planning something. I hate surprises though. I am a fairly good liar so please just tell me what is happening. Or at least just tell me that something is happening. But the girls won't budge.

I didn't tell Adelaide though. And I haven't really figured out how to bring it up. Over the past four weeks we have gotten closer and it has been so great. We have learned so much about each other. And honestly, it has just made my crush on her grow. It isn't like I like her. This is more of an attraction. Like, I am open to seeing where things could go and if something happens so be it. But she is also my teacher. If we were just friends that met on a plane, I wouldn't be struggling with this. But that is a dream and this is reality.

I am currently heading to English and today we will be told our novel for this quarter. I am so excited. I love to read. I started reading when I was four years old amd ever since it has been one of my favorite ways to pass my time. In kindergarten when it was nap time, while all the other kids slept, I read. And when they yelled for five more minutes to sleep, I yelled for five more minutes to read.

"Good morning class," my English teacher, Miss Ross announces. "I bet you all are just ecstatic to find out what novel we will be reading."

While my classmates groan, I grin. Miss Ross laughs at the other students' reactions. However when she looks at me and sees me smiling, she gives me a smile.

"Now, if you are a romance fan, this book will be for you," she continues. "We will be reading Pride and Prejudice."

Oh my gosh!" I exclaim. Everyone turns to look at me. "Sorry." I lean back in my chair trying to shrink myself.

"Willow, do you like this book?" Miss Ross asks still with a smile.

"Um, yes ma'am." I sit up in my seat more.

"Well I hope you enjoy this unit." She smiles and continues on with the class.

As I have said before, this is an amazing book. I love it so much. It is one of my favorite books ever. There have been days where I spent the day reading the book and then I watched the movie at night. I just love to watch the relationship between Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth grow. And how you can see how Mr. Darcy gradually grows to love her and he pays attention to what she likes and what she does. It mames my heart happy.

When the class ends it is time for lunch. I head over to Adelaide's classroom; we have been eating meals together with Logan, Spencer, Robin, and Sierra. The girls have grown to like Adelaide, but some times I like to just hang out with Adelaide and sometimes Logan. They are cool. But Adelaide and I can relate more and can have good conversations. We talk about life and random things. With the others it is about hair and small talk.

When I reach Adelaide's classroom I do not see her. I walk towards her office and see her working on her computer with her glasses and extremely focused.

"Hey are you ready to go to lunch?" She jumps.

"Oh god you scared me!" She places her hand over her heart as if she had a heart attack.

I chuckle. "I'm sorry. But you ready?"

"I have so much work Willow. I am finishing up the chair placements and it is honestly a lot more challenging than you think." I tilt my head.