I - 𝕽𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖔, 𝖔𝖍 𝕽𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖔

𝕿𝖊𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞𝖘 𝕷𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗

𝕵𝖚𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖓

I walked down the empty halls towards the school theater. Today is auditions for the school play 'Romeo and Juliet'. We were supposed to do it last year, but people dropped out because they got anxious or 'sick'. I pushed the heavy metal doors as the smell of paint and... cloth(?) attacked my nose. I let out a deep breath as I walked towards a semi big fold out table with the theater teacher and her assistant sitting right behind it. "Hello, Julian! Glad to see you auditioning this year!" Mrs. Wilson said enthusiastically. "Ah, would've done it last year, but I got.... busy-ish." I replied. I didn't really get busy. I just had to do my job. I bent down and signed my name on the sign-up sheet. I put down the pen with a silent clack. "Where do I go..?" I asked awkwardly. "Oh! Please go anywhere you want, but don't sit past five rows from the stage." Mrs. Wilson instructed, pointing towards the seats. I nodded and started walking. I sat at the fifth row and took out my notebook and pencil. I boredly started drawing costume designs, since that is what I'm usually assigned to. 

I listened to people chatting and laughing, walking by, and plain out being over dramatically nervous. I put my notebook and pencil back in my backpack once the theater teacher stepped on the stage. "Okay everyone! Thank you for coming, this is so amazing! There is so many more people than expected! If you are not technically put in the play but as a backstage supporter, then don't be sad! You will be helping out so much!" She screamed out so everyone would help. I know speech word by word. I scanned the rows until I saw a familiar head. Is that... No. He would never.... Nope that's him. How cliche is this going to get? ..... I have a idea. "-so thank you! We will be starting auditions soon!" Mrs. Wilson finished and stepped down. I silently sneaked behind Romeo with a grin. "Romeo, oh Romeo. Art thou now interested in theater?" I teased, as he flinched. "Who the- oh you." He groaned. "You better not tell anyone or else I-" "I won't, geez. Calm your balls." I scoffed, leaning back in my chair. "...No, like, blackmail?" He asked silently. "Nah. If I blackmailed you, then it would be something embarrassing. I'm not in the mood to ruin anyone's rep today, anyways." I sighed. ".. Why are you in the play?" He asked. "Why should I tell you?" I scoffed. He looked at me like I was so stupid, which pissed me off slightly. "What?" I asked. I was about to move back to my last seat. 

"I am trying to be friends." He said plainly. "Pff, and why?" I said with a small laugh. "So you don't get killed when we beat your ass." He sighed. I blinked. "Rather not, theater geek." I spat. "Did you just call me 'theater geek'...?" He growled. "Well, yeah. I thought you weren't deaf." I said with a smirk. "You little- I would beat you up, but auditions is starting." He hissed in a shushed tone as Mrs. Wilson and her assistant stood on stage. "Okay! Let's start! Hm... So I need-" And that's where I zoned out. Until Romeo.. This will go so bad. "-Romeo, please come up and audition." Mrs. Wilson called out. He hesitantly got up with his script and stood on stage. I didn't really listen to him though. I watched his body language. It's more important, really. If you're sitting there like a statue, you are not going to look nice. He waved his hand around and did what movements that, I'm guessing, he thought fit. He eyes scanned around the students and landed on me. Again...

The world stopped spinning. It was like the room was empty, just me and him. It felt so nice.. I felt my face warm, but the dark should hide it. I watched him, sadly, break our gaze as he finished up. "Very nice! Now, we have a twist! I want Julian to play as, ironically, Julian!" Mrs. Wilson announced. My jaw dropped. Hell. To. The. No. "Uh... excuse me?" I answered. "Oh, don't be shy! We won't do anything so bad!" She exclaimed, waving me over. I opened my mouth to protest, but couldn't think of anything. I sighed and started walking up, memorizing my lines on the way. I let myself auto-pilot with this. If I focused too much, I stutter when I read. "Amazing! Now we do group reads. You can sit down until we call you." She said. I walked down the steps and back to my seat. "Are you as confused as me?" Romeo asked, turning around. I slowly nodded. "Whatever she has planned better not be embarrassing.." I mumbled. "You know whats ironic? Your name and this play." I muttered before he could turn back around. He stopped. "I- Well, yeah. My parents are big theater nerds." He said before turning back around. I watched as people went up, doing their roles, and coming back down to whisper with their friends about how they done.

"Now for Romeo and Julian!" Mrs. Wilson called. We both froze. "..Okay." We both said in unison, standing up and making our way. "Please read these lines." Her assistant said and handed us new scripts. We read them over for a while before looking at each other. I took a deep breath and started us off (A/N: I have no clue what they should say.... I should make the lines up*?*).  As we acted out our lines, I felt so casual, but nervous too. Then came the awkward part, he hand to grab me close. And he actually fucking did it. I was shocked for a second before getting used to it. I took a deep breath and quickly continued. We kept going until we reached to where the script ended. "That..... That left me speechless! That was amazing, guys! Please give a round of applause for Romeo and Julian!" Mrs. Wilson called out. I bowed by instinct. We both made our way to our seats. The moment I sat down, it all flooded in. That... it leaves me speechless, too. "You did great, Julian." Romeo said, turning around for like the millionth time. "Thanks, you too." I said back. We both went silent. He looked down before looking into my eyes. I felt the urge to cup his face. 

What in the world is he doing to me....

𝕽𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖔

I wanted to hold him. To hug him tight. I need him. I needed his touch. But I can't! I'm not gay! I love my girlfriend and I always will! I bit back my urge and looked away. I rubbed my eyes. I need to stop thinking about him. I need to hate him more. I can't like him in any way. I can't and I won't. "That was wonderful everyone! Now, I need to talk with the ones who got the place of being a backstage helper or supporter!" Mrs. Wilson called. "Everyone else can talk or chat with one another, just please keep your voices down!" She said and lead everyone backstage. I bit back my urge to turn around and talk to Julian. If I need to hate him, I need to ignore him. What if I hurt his feelings.... No! I sound like a five year old, stop! I shut my eyes and let my head rest in my palms. What about the play... I have to freaking hold him.. God fucking-! You know what? Just calm down... I sighed and let myself process everything. My mind went back to a few minutes ago. When I was reading off with him.. I love the touch of his skin, the detail in his pale blue eyes.. I... I want to admit... But I can't... I can't love him! This is shit! All of it! 

I dug my nails into the fabric of the theater chair angrily. Calm down. I watched as Mrs. Wilson stepped out from behind the curtains. "Okay, students! If I call your name, you can go home! Cassie, Janice, Jason, Carter, Jackson- You know.. Basically the backstage people and the main characters stay here." She said, cutting herself off to get this to be quicker. She knew people wanted to go home. I sighed, watching everyone pass row by row, eagerly spilling out of the door. "Okay! I know you want to go home, but you'll be fine. I need to talk to Romeo and Julian." Mrs. Wilson called and directed us to follow her. She motioned us to sit down once we were in her office. "So. You maybe wondering why this seems a bit, uh, homosexual." She said and cleared her throat. "It's all so I can make people realize that being, well, gay isn't so bad after all." She chuckled awkwardly. "Ah, the next thing you're going to tell is that we have to kiss." Julian joked. She stayed silent. "...Wait... do we?" Julian asked, leaning forward. "Oh. No, sorry for worrying you." She said and plastered a smile across her face. "Okay.. what did you want to talk about then?" I asked. "Well, it's about getting along. I know you both have some... differences, so I assigned you both for these roles so you can get along." She chuckled lightly. "That's all. For extra credit in your worst class, I would love you both to record you both reading your group lyrics together at each other's homes." She smiled brightly. She has to be kidding. I forced a smile and nodded. "Sounds. So... Lovely." I smiled. 

"Yeah. Anyways I need to go before I'm late for work. Au revior." Julian waved as he got up and swiped his backpack on his shoulder. He left with a quick few steps. "You both really did amazing on the stage together. It felt like I could feel your emotions." She sighed dreamily. "You are perfect for theater. You should try being in the club, Romeo." She suggested joyfully. "I.. I would but football keeps me busy." I chuckled. "Bye, Mrs. Wilson." I waved and left, the weighing feeling of dread for the play dropping onto my shoulders. 

This month is going to be horrible...

A/N: we all know that next chapter is going to skip to the play right? nah let's skip to half way there

(ohhh living on a prayer)