XIIII

Romeo

We woke up with the feeling of the bus stopping in the parking lot. I nudged Julian awake as he stretched, popping his neck, back, and knuckles. We grabbed our stuff and hauled it back to the hotel room. We got in an empty elevator first, the doors shutting once we got in. I pushed the bright '8' button as the elevator slowly started moving upwards. I rubbed a hand down my face and leaned against the wooden walls. I planted a hand on the metal bar and stared at the bright ceiling for a second. Julian squinted his eyes, hesitating. He opened his mouth, waited, then shut it. The elevator rumbled, then halted to a stop. We waited for the doors, but they never opened. The lights turned off with a semi-loud 'pof'. Yes. 'Pof'. I got out my phone and turned on its flashlight, pointing it at the ceiling so the light can be dim all over the small elevator. "You okay?" I asked Julian. He nodded, scooting closer to me and clutching onto my right side. 

As we have learned, darkness is not my friend. Sometimes I hear things, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I see things, sometimes I don't. Sadly, this is the time I start 'hallucinating'. I have had this since I was 13, so I know what's fake and what's not...... right? Sometimes the hallucinations look.... hyperrealistic.... I guess. Since I know that it's just me and Julian, then I'm fine. Julian slowly took my phone and flashed the light towards the buttons as he made his way across. He started pressing the emergency button. Julian made a clicking sound with his tongue and handed me my phone. "Try telling the others." He said, pulling out his phone and shining the flashlight from his. 

[You] Guys we r stuck in the elevator ;-;

[MW] OMG! We heard something about a elevator, we just didn't think that you guys were in there!

[MW and 20 others are typing]

I quickly shoved away my phone, vibrations already off and notification sounds low. "Relax, Juls, people are coming for us." I said, sitting down. Julian sighed and cuddled up beside me, his phone light facing the roof along with mines. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder. The room went silent as I heard his breathing slow into a calm pace. I got out my phone to check.

12:30

slide to unlock
[Messages from MW]    [ Don't worry. They will be here in five hours
(I know that's a lot, but time passes!), but keep
 yourselves occupied. ]12:15

"Four and a halfish hours." I sighed under my breath. Julian made a whining whimper as he moved to lay in the middle of the elevator. "But I'm huungry." Julian groaned. "You won't starve, Juls." I said, rubbing my eyes. He rolled over onto his back and stared up at the dim ceiling. He shut his eyes and threw a arm over his face. "Going to sleep, are we?" I asked. He shrugged. "Four hours is good enough for a nap." He said. I smiled and looked up. A quick flicker of light from the elevator came on, but nothing else. 

Why us of all people and why now?