XIII

Romeo

I was scrolling through twitter, reading people's posts and comments. I was getting bored fast and time was going by.... surprisingly quick? How long was I zoned? "What time is it?" I asked. Julian made a short noise with a shrug, still reading over. "You know, the more you read that, the more you will forget." I said. "Trust me, babe, I know that. I just have a good memory." He said. I checked the time. 6:50. 6:50... 6:50! "Julian, it's six-fucking-fifty!" I yelled, hopping from my seat. "It's what?!" He yelled back. We were both in a panic as I grabbed a copy of the script and speed-studied. Once it was 6:55, we were a bit calmed down. Julian sat next to me, now was a perfect moment. I turned him around and kissed him. His left arm went around my neck, his right hand gently cupping my face. My arms were around his waist as a small smile pulled at my face. I kissed his cheek as I pulled away. Julian had a wide smile, calm leaking into his eyes. "Thanks, Romeo." He said. He hopped up and went to the bathroom quickly. By now it was 6:57. He came out at 6:59 and we hurried out of the changing room. Everyone was crowded, gaps in between for people who go up the most like Julian and me, at the stage doors.

The lights were dim, and less and less people were finishing coming in and sitting down. Julian was clinging onto my side, his hands grabbing at my costume tight. "It's not much more than school, don't worry." I said. Julian made a shaky sigh, letting loose only the slightest. I sighed and turned around to where he is hugging me properly. The second it hit 7:00, Mrs. Wilson was already on stage, doing the introduction. 

The curtains closed, and helpers scurried on and off, putting props in place. Julian quickly ran, quietly, up a ladder to fit into the hole of the castle prop. And then the rest was a flash.

~_~_~_~

The curtains closed, rainbow objects messily thrown over the stage from the crowd. Julian and I were smiling freaks as we walked off stage and to our changing room. We were both sweaty from running around since the big stage, which meant more room for more props and some bullshit. I sat on a couch, leaning forward. Julian laid down next to me, curled into a ball. "Once.. we.. get back.. to the.. room.. we sleep.. for, like,.. ever.." Julian panted, getting up to change. I changed outside of the stall and packed up, chugging a water bottle. I saw Julian come out, grabbing a bottle next to me and drinking it empty in a flash. 

We both left the theater along with everyone else. Everyone filled into the bus, making sure everyone had everything before the doors shut. Once the engine started, we left. Everyone was talking silently, so the bus sounded like a low murmur of voices. I nudged Julian and he looked up at me. I gave him a small smile as he smiled back. I wrapped a arm around his shoulder, him getting comfortable in my arms (or arm in this case) quickly. I kissed his forehead softly. He shut his eyes and let himself go limp, falling asleep.

Today, was a long day.