XII

Julian

I woke up, Romeo's side cold. The room was pitch black. I felt for my phone and grabbed it off the pillow beside me. 

[You] Where'd u go?

[Romeo (ironic)] Dinner. We are gonna bring u leftovers, tho.

[You] So rood, can't even wake me up :v

[Romeo (ironic)] Sorry :<

[You] It's okay ^>^ what restaurant?

[Romeo (ironic)] McDonalds lol you should've seen the cashier's face when she saw us. She was like O>O <(Can I take y'all's o-order?)

[You] LMAO I can imagine.

[Romeo (ironic)] k I gtg ttyl <3

[You] ttyl <3

I turn on my phone flashlight and find the light switch. I turn on the lights and turn off my phone. I turn on the TV and continue the Beauty and the Beast movie. I watched them dance, spinning in circles. Now this, this is the reason why I love the originals better. The live actions make it feel so lazy compared to the originals. The originals took, like, over a year to complete because of animation! That's putting off the scripting and auditions and other things. 

After a hour passed, I started to get worried..... and hungry.... as fuck. I took out my phone

12: 05
slide to unlock
___________________________________
|   10 Notifications from [Romeo (ironic)]  |
---------------------------------------------------------

Damn! I slide open the app and check.

[Romeo (ironic)] Okay, we are coming back.  [11:30]

[Romeo (ironic)] We're in shit taffic :/  [11:35]

[Romeo (ironic)]  Now we r lost ;-;  [11:45]

[Romeo (ironic)] My phone is at 15 x-x  [11:50]

*Missed Call*  [11:50]
*Missed Call*  [12:00]
*Missed Call*  [12:01]

[Romeo (ironic)] Babe please answer.  [12:01]

[Romeo (ironic)] Julian please :(   [12:02]

And then it stops. I felt chills at the back of my neck.

[You] I'm sorry I fell asleep :(

I waited.

[You] Babe?

His battery must've died. I went into the group chat.

[You] You guys may not have signal(?) but when you get a bar, please answer. I'm worried as fuck ;-;.

I put my phone down and turned off the TV. I didn't want to go to sleep, but I also didn't want to be a groggy mess. I sat ,in now darkness, for the next four hours. My stomach hurt from the hunger. They haven't come back yet. I got no answers. I didn't want to check the TV, but I did now. I turned to the nearest news channel and waited. They talked about a robbery a state beside us, some forest fires back down in Cali, thankfully not in our area, something about some famous people. I got my phone and started to text the group again.

[You] If you guys are ghosting me then that isn't funny coz im starving my ass off :/

No reply. I turned off my phone and laid down. I let myself fall asleep to the sounds of the news, my painful hunger subsiding slowly.