Jake Webber - Hair Stylist

"Jake, dude, you will not be able to do that on your own" Sam laughed as Jake showed him his new idea for a hair colour.

"It's just blue and pink. I can do this on my own" Jake argued as he looked again himself. The colours were simple.

"Yeah, but getting them to layer without mixing will not be easy at all. Just go to the salon." Sam suggested. Jake sighed, he knew Sam was right but he liked doing his hair on his own.

A few hours later he found a nice salon and called to make an appointment. "Hello? Careful Colours Hair salon, how may I help you?"

"Yes hello. I'd like to make an appointment for a hair colouring. Pink and blue for the colours" Jake responses as he looked through memes on his laptop.

"Ah yes. We have a slot for Wednesday at 2 pm open. Will that work for you?" The woman on the other end asked sweetly.

"Yes that will be fine. My name is Jake Webber" Jake responded smiling slightly

"Alright, all set.  Your stylist will be determined when you arrive. Thank you for choosing Careful Colours, bye-bye now!" Then the call ended.

Jake smiled to himself, he'd get his hair done without damaging the bathroom now. And without damaging himself.

When Wednesday rolled around Jake collected his cash, asked everyone if they needed anything while he was out, and then left to drive. The salon was approximately an hour drive away. Jake hummed to some Lil Peep songs on the way.

"Good afternoon, welcome to Careful Colours Hair care. How may I assist you?" The young brunette girl asked from behind a counter. The building was black and the signin and waiting room was seperate from the actual salon.

"Hello. My name is Jake Webber I have an appointment for two o'clock" Jake responded happily.

"Ah yes. Here you are. You will be with one of our longterm workers. You're lucky when you called, they are all booked after today until next month." She smiled, her plump cheeks puffing more to accommodate making her look like a happy 12 year old. Jake smiled and thanked her before sitting in a seat. He wondered to himself why the salonist is so booked. They must be really good and careful. He noticed there was only one other person in the waiting room which was a 10 year old boy. He had an ipad out and was playing angry birds on it.

"Jake, can you walk to room 6?" The woman from earlier asked, breaking Jake's interest in the boys game. He nodded with a smile and then walked through the red hall until he reached room 6. He opened the door to find a room with a salon chair, a couch, a mirror, a salon sink, and even two huge drawer sets of supplies. Jake walked over and sat in the salon chair and played on his phone as the chair spun.

"I'm guessing you are Jake Webber?" A voice broke through Jake's trance with his phone and he looked up and nodded at the atractive human at the door.

"Yes." He answered simply and they smiled, and introduced themselves as they closed the door and pulled a switch that turned the white 6 on the door to red. Indicating it was in use.

"Everyone here calls me Pride though" they said as they put on gloves and started to move around Jake's hair inspecting the scalp.

"Why do they call you that?" Jake asked, trailing off as Pride began to massage his scalp.

"Well isn't it obvious? I am very lgbt" they smiled and went to gather stuff from the drawers "pink and blue?" They called out and Jake confirmed. Coming back with ten options for each colour, making 100 possible combinations. Jake took a few minutes to decide and then it began.

The bleaching and the waiting and the tin foil. The pair gossiped, talked about the past and the future, shared the tea, and Jake was very quickly learning why this salonist was requested.

"So she told Robert and Robert told Katelynn and somehow that all created a train that reached Catherine who told everybody how carol has clamydia. So now carol lives in new Hampshire, with a Somalian woman that eats nothing but grapes" Pride finished a story and Jake couldn't believe that it was already time to rinse out the colours. Pride brought him over to the sink and had him lean and everything. It was always a lovely feeling for Jake. Fingers catching at his scalp gently in order to rinse out colour thoroughly, the Dyed-hair-sensitive shampoo that was then rubbed in and rinsed out. It was utter bliss.

Jake smiled afterwards and pride added conditioner in and walked away "let that sit for a few minutes, I'm going to go get a spray from Carnation." Pride said as they left the room and came back a few moments later with a  green spray bottle in a rectangle shape. Pride then rinsed the conditioner out and dried Jake's hair as they told another story.

"Clarita is a girl I used to know when I was about 6, we lived in the same townhouse row back when my father did a business trip to Mexico and we stayed there for 3 years. Clarita always told stories about her brother Diablo, which means devil, and his boyfriend Carl. Now Mexico is not very accepting fo lgbtq and Diablo's name was actually Ricardo but because he is gay he was named devil. Carl was a white boy moved from Switzerland and he and Diablo fell in love. Diablo was 14 when he ran away with Carl across the U.S.A. border with Carl's mother to stay at Carl's grandma's house. Carl got U.S. citizenship and when they were 19 Carl and Diablo got married. Clarita was 10 when she told me this story and when we moved back here, Clarita came with us secretly. She married my brother and changed her name to Kate and since then my brother and her have been trying to find Diablo and Carl. It's been 5 years since then and they think they know where he is. But it is in Australia." Pride then began to spray Jake's hair. Jake was very interested in this story "so they leave for Australia in 2 weeks. Now this story has no real ending yet and I don't think it ever will but it's definitely a story worth its own tetrology." Pride laughed

"Yeah it is" Jake laughed.

"Okay you're all set to go. You can go pay at the front desk and the colour should last for at least 2 months." Pride said happily. Jake pouted slightly, he didn't like that time was up.

"O-Oh. Okay thank you!" He said quickly shifting to his cheery self. Jake left the salon after paying and sat in his car with his his head on his steering wheel rim. He should've asked for a number, he should've made a move, he should have approached at an angle. He should've shown his interest.

But he didn't.

4 months passed by of Jake being mopey off camera, to the point that Sam got fed up.

"Dude! Just go back and talk to them!" Sam scolded. Jake looked at him in surprise.

"I can't do that! My hair colour isn't faded properly yet!" He complies grabbing a few strands. Kat rolled her eyes from next to Sam and grabbed both of the boys hands and dragged them to a car. She drove straight to the salon and walked dragging Jake by his ear, into the salon.

"Hello cam I speak to Pride. Special delivery of a dumbnuts" she smiled charmfully and the blonde male behind the counter and walked back into the room behind him. When he came back pride was with him.

"Jake, what a welcome surprise. Do you have an appointment?" Pride asked happily. They couldn't help but remember the cute boy that had stolen their thoughts the past months.

"Jake here has an appointment not to change his hair but his attitude! He has been moping around since you Dyed his hair because he has a big fat crush on you" Sam says from next to Kat making his girlfriend smile. Pride blushed and turned to Jake.

"Is that true?" They asked nervously.

"Yes" Jake mumbled embarassed "would you give me a chance?" Jake asked nervously

"I'm free Friday, after 6" Pride blushed darker. Jake nodded happily.

"I'll pick you up!" Jake said triumphantly.

A long long relationship followed that was almost flawless. Every healthy relationship has fights, has 'time off' but most time off was a day apart at a friend's house crying about missing the other one. Pride was excellent for Jake and fans agreed.