Jake & Corey - homeless

Your head spun as you came down off your high. The homey apartment you were in turned into a dark Alley. The kitchen, a dumpster. The living room, stray garbage bags with leaky juice. The sun was coming out and the sky was red. You needed a drink but had none near. Your battered clothing was filthy and if you tried to filter storm water through it, you'd end up with more sickness than unfiltered.

3 years you had been on the streets. High on LSD every other day. You always saw the world as better with its hallucinations. You weren't kicked out by your parents for being gay, you weren't 19 and on the streets, you weren't constantly starving. You got all your money from singing at the alley. People dropping pocket change in your broken bowl.

You sang any song you knew. They were not new, if they came on the radio people called them a modern day classic. Such as Rude, Royals, applause, etc. It was all you could do. You were lucky if a while day of singing got you 5 bucks.

"Why you gotta be so rude.. don't you know I'm human too.. why you gotta be so rude.. I'm gonna marry her anyways.." You sang as business men dropped change in your bowl and small children pointed at you. Your hair a mess and uncut. You couldn't grow a beard at least. You noticed a male was leaning against a pole watching you.

"Stay with me... cause you're, all I need. This ain't love, I swear you'll see. But darling, stay with me" You sung and once the crowds of business walkers cleared, you gathered your change and count it. You sighed as you only had 3 dollars and couldn't even afford a bottle of water. You put the coins in a drawstring bag.

"Hey, what's your name?" The man from the pole asked as he was now in front of you and crouched down. You told him and he nodded "well... here" the man said and handed you 100 dollars. He had tan skin and brown hair, his hair was in a man bun and a camera was around his neck.

"I- I can't take this. It's too much" You said.

"How long have you been on the streets?" He asked curiously tilting his head as he put the bill in your bag.

"3 years" You responded, then he asked why "I was kicked out for being gay" You shrugged. It didn't hurt anymore. He looked mad and you worried he was going to beat you up.

"That's a bitch. Here, you can come crash at my house until you can get a job" He offered his hand and you looked at him in shock and fear. This was a murder case. "Come on. I have a shower, food, drinks, some friends that will gladly help you out" He clarified. Against your better judgement, you got up and followed him. He led you to a nice sports car and you got in the back careful not to dirty anything. The man drove peacefully with some rap music on as he did.

"Wh-Where are you taking me" You asked a little fearfully and he laughed a kind laugh and pulled into the gated driveway of a mansion. He let you out of the backseat and walked you to the door. It was only noon.

"This is my house. I share it with my friends." He said unlocking the door. The house was really nice and a black dog ran up to the man and jumped up to lick his face. The man laughed calling the dog 'navi'

"Corey there you are. I was worried" a girl said walking up, you hid behind the man. The girl noticed you but kissed Corey first.

"Who's this?" She asked gesturing to you. You hid slightly more behind your rumpled clothing. Corey introduced you and explained how he found you. The girl, now introduced as Devyn, nodded.

Corey led you to a shower and told you to get in and you did, lucky that it worked the same as the gym showers you snuck in to. It felt good to shower again. Corey came in with shielded eyes and dropped off some clothing. When you were done you changed into the clothing, you looked in the mirror and saw the sweatshirt had a cartoon version of Corey's face on it and some basketball shorts. Your hair was about 12 inches longer than it should be and you had a lot of cuts and bruises on your face and neck as well as hands. A lot of fighting on the streets.