Chapter 52

"You are enough just as you are." —Meghan Markle.

Chapter 52

The way Joey, Adelaide and Evana made their way inside the club was a bit twisted. But it was the only way they could've done it.

Joe had to dig into the guard's mind and figure out that he was cheating on his wife in order to use that as blackmail. It worked though.

"Hurry!" Joe said, leading the way into the crowded and humid room. "She's upstairs, I can feel her." He said.

The three of them made their way through the sweaty bodies and ran up the stairs as fast as they could.

"Wait!" Evana yelled behind her boyfriend. "Before we make it upstairs, we need a plan."

"Eve, we don't have time for this!" Adelaide groaned.

"Well we can't really go up there without one. Hunters are dangerous. And if we get in there without one, they won't hesitate to kill us." Evana stood and breathed heavily. She turned to Joe.

"Dammit!" Joey cursed. "Fine, what the hell is the plan?"

~

Agreeing to Bethany's deal, the female hunter was at Zach's side ready to untie him. It didn't take long before he was freed from all the ropes.

"Let him go," Bethany said, unable to look Zach in the eyes. Adding on to their deal, she said, "you can't kill me until I feel he is safe and away from here."

"We're killing you the second he steps out of that door behind you." The male hunter with dirty blonde hair nodded his head in the direction of the door.

"No!" Bethany said. "We had a deal. You can kill me when I know he's safe. You can't go after him when this is over. He hasn't done anything wrong!"

"Yeah? Killing his mother and burning her body in their house wasn't wrong?" The hunter snickered and rose Zach from his feet by the collar of his shirt. "Get the hell out of here before I change my mind and slit your throat too." It seemed like Zach's past—as narrated by his father—always came back to cause trouble. No matter his innocence.

"He wasn't the one who did that." Bethany defended him. "And just so were clear, you're the one going around killing innocent teenagers only because they're psychic." Reading their minds, Bethany knew she wasn't going to be their first kill. They had killed multiple psychics. All eighteen or younger. Some even younger than ten.

The hunter turned to look at Bethany and his eyes were narrowed. His gulps were visible and so were the veins on his forehead. "We're doing the world a favor. The less teenage psychics their are, the less chance there is of them turning endarkened. Now stop reading my thoughts." He stood up and took a strong hold on Zachary, the hunters partner opened the door and Zach was shoved out. When the door closed, the knob glowed and then a locking noise was heard. It was spelled shut. No one could come in. And only the hunters could get out.

~

"Zach?" Evana looked over Joe's shoulder and could see Bethany's boyfriend aggressively trying to open up a door.

Joe and Adelaide head's turned and sure enough, Zach was there. Joey ran to him, but when they exchanged glances, he knew they were too late.

"You're bleeding." Adelaide noticed. Zach looked down at his wrists and noticed the ropes had cut deep into his skin.

"I'm fine," he said, knowing he would heal. He looked at Bethany's family and felt like he had let them down.

"They're going to kill her," Joe said, hearing the words echo from Zach's mind to his. "And it's your fault."

"No," Adelaide said, sensing Bethany on the other side of that door. "She wanted it that way, Zach didn't. He wouldn't ever."

Enraged, Eve walked over to the door and placed both hands on it. "BETHANY!" She yelled. "They won't just kill you! They're going to come after you're entire family. They're only killing you first because they know you're the strongest. Once you're dealt with . . . everyone else is next, including me."

Through the other side, Bethany had heard everything. Her eyes were giving off a murderous glare, and her anger took over. So much so that even her evil blood reacted, and it had a pungent smell to it. "You were never going to let them live." She read aloud. The hunters took a few steps away from her. "You're scared." She sensed, and her lips formed into a creepy grin. " 'Cause you know you're going to die."

Bethany screamed, loud. Supernaturally loud. Her voice echoed across the entire club and possibly neighborhood. She destroyed the ropes on her arms and was able to stand from the chair she was tied down to. Immediately, the rope cuts on her wrists healed and she extended her arm out for the hunters, threateningly.

The huntress reached for her throwing-stars and the hunter for his bow and arrows. But with a simple sway of Beth's hand, they flew out of their grasps, effectively weaponless.

"Please. You can't kill us." The huntress pleaded. "We'll leave, we'll disappear—please."

"You'll come back." Bethany said.

"No! We won't."

"You might not, Riley." Beth smirked, sensing her fear and reading her terrified thoughts. "But he will. Your stupidly brave Dominic—he will return if I let him live. And I can't jeopardize my family's safety that way." Focusing her stare on the hunter, it was like her levels of anger furiously rose.

Not thinking twice, Bethany reached for an arrow and flew it in the direction of the cocky blonde hunter. But he dodged it, moving to the side, it hit the huntress instead. Making a puncture at the center of her forehead. She fell to her knees, staring at Bethany, before she closed her eyes and stopped breathing.

Dominic gasped, reaching down for Riley. They were related. Bethany had just killed his sister.

"You bitch!" He yelled. "I'm gonna kill—," But before he completed his threat, Bethany lifted her arm once again and pushed it forward. He flew backwards and collided against a wall, sliding back down he passed out.

Beth was breathing fast and unevenly. She looked down at her hands, and when she looked up Abigor was standing before her. "What did you make me do?" She cried.

"I didn't. You did that yourself." He proudly said. "Return to your family, I'll allow a goodbye. Only because I know you'll be with me in the end." And just like that, the pale stricken demon was gone. Well, his incarnation was.

Bethany sunk down to the floor, looking directly at the dead bodies. She cried, but in a split second her eyes couldn't produce tears and she was no longer sobbing. She was sharp, she stood up and walked over to the door. Turning the knob and unlocking it easily, she sensed the work of Abigor.

Everyone stared at Beth when she walked out of the room. "They're dead." She told them, and walked away. Just then, her family knew she was nearly all gone.

Despite them lacking information on Abigor, they knew she was losing herself too. That wasn't Abigor. He didn't create her urge to kill, Bethany's dark side did that on its own. All Abigor did was give her a little push when it came to the actual evil actions. Like hurting people, and killing. But in the end, it was all Bethany.

A/N:

-XOXO