Chapter 2

Taehyung's POV

Taehyung's POV

Jin furrows his brows, squinting his eyes as he stares off into the distance. It took a moment before he finally realises who I'm talking about.

"Oh, that's Namjoon's childhood friend, Yoongi." He explains while I sit back in my seat, slouching a little. 'Yoongi? Huh?'

"Yeah, he and Namjoon were neighbours for years." Jin continues, propping himself up better since he was huddled over, still rather intoxicated by the alcohol he consumed earlier. "I'm pretty sure he's younger than Namjoon but I'm not entirely sure how old he is." He admits while tapping a finger against his chin, deep in thought.

I keep my eyes fixated on the man, watching him frequently take drag after drag till eventually, he tosses the cigarette away.

He didn't smile nor laugh when Namjoon spoke to him. He seems so different from anyone I've ever seen before.

"Taehyung!" I blink, returning to the sad reality that is my life. My mom comes wandering up towards the table, jingling her keys in the process. "Sweetie, we have to go now." She smiles, obviously giving into how angsty I must have looked earlier.

But now I feel the sudden urge to stay, to gawk at the blonde haired male more like my life depends on it.

I have never felt this way before with anyone, I wasn't entirely sure what it was. 'Am I just lonely? Am I looking for more friends?'

The emotions inside of me were raging with confusion as I leisurely rise from my chair. A wave of sadness appears instantly as I bid my goodbyes to my brother before following my mom out of the garden and towards her car.

'I guess I'll never see that man again...who am I kidding, I wouldn't have even had the guts to speak to him anyway so what does it matter? He would never want to waste his time with someone like me since I'm just a kid.'

~*~

My brown orbs depressingly observe the pattering of the downpour that was going on outside. The clouds were a dirty shade of grey, hiding away the streaming heat of the sun with dullness and dampness.

A soft sigh escapes my lips as the bell erupts, causing nearby students to scurry out of their chairs to make it home early.

I, however don't make a move. I just stay sitting at my desk which was right beside the window. I soon begin noticing students leaving the premises, wearing different coloured raincoats like they were splashes of vibrant colours to liven the bleak picture of nature.

"Taehyungie!" A voice hollers from the doorway. My head whirls away from the rainstorm outside to see Jungkook leaning against the doorframe.

"Jungkookie!" I squeak back, suddenly feeling my lips finally form a smile. He enters further into the room, making a b-line straight for me.

His face is soon a few inches away from my own as he tilts his head, connecting his lips with mine.

Jungkook told me that this is what best friends do. That they kiss, hold hands, cuddle and more. He told me that we mustn't let anyone else see nor know about what we're doing.

I was really confused by it but went along with it anyway because Jungkook is my friend and I just want him to be happy.

"How are you baby?" He questions, lightly brushing his fingers against my cheek. "F-fine," I stutter, fidgeting with my hands while staring down at them.

I feel Jungkook come behind me, wrapping me up in his arms as he leans forward, pressing his chin onto my shoulder. My lips stay sealed. I always found it weird whenever Jungkook acts like this but I don't push him away nor speak up about my ongoing thoughts.

A sudden ring of my phone brings us back to reality. The ravenette removes his arms, letting me have the chance to grab my phone.

"Hello?" I answer into the small device. "Taehyung? Sweetie, I'm going to be late home from work today." My mom tells me with a hint of guilt.

This was normal for my mom to always be working late. Usually, she would make me go over to this old lady's house at the end of my street.

The lady, Miss Khang was rather mean, she often didn't let me do anything except clean up after her. The house smelt of old people and the interior design felt like I've went back in time.

All in all, I hated having to go over to her house. I've tried many times to have my mom let me just stay at home alone.

But as usual, her excuses are that I'm 'still just a kid.'

"So I should just head to Miss Khang's house, yes?" I question, already knowing the answer.

"No actually, Jin's back now so he said you can head over to his house instead." I was surprised, I almost forgot Jin hyung is back home.

My mind instantly thinks back to two weeks ago, remembering the housewarming party.

The blonde haired man.

Every time I would think about him, a strange feeling would occur inside of me. Something I have never experienced before.

"Oh, o-okay." I stutter slightly. I feel Jungkook's piercing gaze on me as my mom mumbles something along the lines that she'll come get me when she's finished.

I quickly hang up, stuffing my phone back into my pocket. 'I wonder if I can ask Namjoon hyung more about this Yoongi man?'

With a spring in my step, I pick up my school bag, slinging it over my shoulder as I make a move to leave.

A hand however, stops me.

My head turns to find a rather irritated looking Jungkook holding onto my wrist a little too tight for my liking. I blink a few times, trying to register what's going on.

"Jungkook?" His furrowed brows suddenly loosen, his face softens as he stares into my eyes. "Where're you going?" He asks, a stern voice like that of a father speaking to his son was evident in his tone.

"Oh, I'm going to hyung's house." I explain with a bright smile. "He came home a few weeks ago and my mom will be home late."

Jungkook seems to relax at my words, a grin similar to my own was now present on his face. "Aww okay. I'll see you tomorrow then." He states, giving me a kiss on my lips before leaving me behind.

'Is what we're doing...normal?'