Chapter 8

Taehyung's POV

Taehyung's POV

The mall itself was busy due to it being the weekend. I would often see others from my school hanging around the large water fountain that sat smack bang in the middle of the building.

They glared at me as I walk past, their eyes piercing into me like I'm nothing but an eyesore.

I keep my head down, refusing to meet any of their gazes.

Mom seems happy, pulling me into multiple stores as she searches around for any new necessities to buy.

I sigh, no longer in the mood to be here but mom looks cheerful so I keep quiet. "Doesn't this look cute Tae?" The older woman questions, holding up a cream coloured cardigan against her chest.

I blankly stare at my mom before nodding, finding the soft fabric pretty.

She smiles, caressing my cheeks with her palms. "I love you sweetie," she coos before heading over to buy what was in her basket.

While she's busy paying for her things, I decide to head outside, waiting patiently for her.

My head feels a tad on the lighter side, causing a thumping pain to erupt throughout it. The ends of my lips stretch into an agonising expression, grimacing as I rub to ease the tension.

'It's just because you're tired Taehyung, you just have to hold out a little bit longer.'

My eyes feel heavy but nonetheless, I decide to go for a short walk to wake myself up.

I send a text message to my mom saying to meet me at the water fountain since I wanted to go look in a shop first.

Truth was I just wanted to rest my sore legs. There were benches scattering around the fountain. Young teens were sat in various different directions around the area.

Some were recognisable while others, I have never met before. I sigh, taking a seat on one of the many benches just off to the left.

I guess I'm just plain stupid to sit here since a group of guys in my year approach me. My head remains downwards, petrified to meet any of their blazing scowls.

"Well if it isn't the little twink," one boy with dirt blonde hair, snickers.

Another grabs me by the roots of my mousy brown locks, smirking down at me when my gaze finally meets his.

"Not gonna fight back, huh?" He teases, tugging a little harder now on my strands of hair. I wince at the pain but keep my voice down, not wanting to attract any attention to myself.